Drove the notch yesterday!!

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
What a feeling. Started right up, let it warm up about 10-15 minutes and took off to Kroger.

Man, I forgot about the attention fox bodies get. I had an old man and his wife in a Buick Century staring at me when they turned. A guy in his 30's and his wife, walking their dogs, staring at me, and two guys in a pickup truck turned around in their seat to get a look. I'm like damn, Kroger is only 1 mile away!! I parked in the back lot, and just had this uneasy feeling the whole time I was in there. I ran from isle to isle getting my BBQ goods for the evening. I just don't like leaving it ANYWHERE. I only like driving it, to drive it, not to go anywhere, but I got the Spring bug.

Had to snap a pic as I was walking out.....I'm a Thread Starter WHORE today!! Sorry just bored.

View attachment 326726

View attachment 326727

The roads are actually clear because it rained all day, two days in a row. It won't be coming back out at dusk though. Too many damn potholes. I might bring it out today again at least I can dodge them.

Hell yeah!

Nice choice on wheels!

I remember seeing your car a few months back, and I was like....WHOA! I had to do a double take, I though it was mine..... I will get some new pics this summer, as you should too, and lets post them up in a thread.

I did this twice so far and got hell both times. Mine hasn't been cleaned since before it was put away (the night before Fords @ Etown) so it looked like hell, but was fun getting out there and beating it up.

I hear ya! You should see my car right now. I got caught in the rain in October, and parked it. Never washed, never covered it.

I got hell from these guys too....but it's ok...I like all of you still.... I know you guys are just looking out for me and my car...(prolly the car more)

That's kinda why I bought a Mustang as a DD. I drove it all winter and when it's clean it's a sharp looking car and gets pllenty of attention.

Granted...the 5.0 got way more. You see 10-15 99+ Mustangs a day. When was the last time you saw a nice 5.0 on the road?

I haven't seen a fox body 5.0L since August on the WW Dream Cruise!! Seriouslly. I saw a hoopty 81-84 notch yesterday while coming out of the ghetto from a parts delivery, but that doesn't count.

yeah i don't count tired, worn hoopty 5.0's. I've seen a bunch that are at the end of their days or need major restoration. Granted they could be someone's project car with potential, but as they stand right now, sometimes i don't want to drive behind them for fear of parts falling off and hitting my car

Of course, these cars are in such bad condition that it's very hard to stay behind them if you know what I mean. A 200K mile, never-seen-a-tune-up, blowing smoke 5.0 isn't exactly the hardest car in the world to beat.

Those are pretty much all i see these days, but with spring coming, the nice ones will be coming out of storage for the winter. Sometimes a simple clean car like yours is enough to make people check it out.

I used to love going to gas stations with mine. Someone ALWAYS had to ask something or want to check it out

SVT32VDOHC teh notch looks great. I don't believe I've seen it before, thanks for sharing, mang.

+1

The weather was starting to get better, had some sunny and near 70 degree's out. Saw quite a few people out cruising.

I get sick of gas stations out here. It's always one of the three....

1. "Is that a 5.0, man?"
2. "What kind of subs are those, dude?"
3. "Nice wheels, dude!"

Turkey----Thanks a lot! I think you are in BHR more than 5.0L Talk....take peek in here more often...

5L5. Ah man, this wasn't even a 5.0. This was one sad 4cyl, maybe a 3.3L/3.8L V-6 at best depending on the year....but he was "frontin" anyways if you know what I mean.

Aww man.. I miss my notch..

I actually looked at pics today when i posted in your other thread and i got kinda choked up.. Usually i'll be prepping her for storage removal around this time..

Your notch is beautiful though!!!! You got a Cobra, and 2 notches.. im jealous!