Drove the notch yesterday!!

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
What a feeling. Started right up, let it warm up about 10-15 minutes and took off to Kroger.

Man, I forgot about the attention fox bodies get. I had an old man and his wife in a Buick Century staring at me when they turned. A guy in his 30's and his wife, walking their dogs, staring at me, and two guys in a pickup truck turned around in their seat to get a look. I'm like damn, Kroger is only 1 mile away!! I parked in the back lot, and just had this uneasy feeling the whole time I was in there. I ran from isle to isle getting my BBQ goods for the evening. I just don't like leaving it ANYWHERE. I only like driving it, to drive it, not to go anywhere, but I got the Spring bug.

Had to snap a pic as I was walking out.....I'm a Thread Starter WHORE today!! Sorry just bored.

View attachment 326726

View attachment 326727

• Sponsors (?)

The roads are actually clear because it rained all day, two days in a row. It won't be coming back out at dusk though. Too many damn potholes. I might bring it out today again at least I can dodge them.

Hey, we're almost twins

St5.jpg

Hell yeah! :nice:

Nice choice on wheels!

I remember seeing your car a few months back, and I was like....WHOA! I had to do a double take, I though it was mine.....:rlaugh: I will get some new pics this summer, as you should too, and lets post them up in a thread.

I did this twice so far and got hell both times. Mine hasn't been cleaned since before it was put away (the night before Fords @ Etown) so it looked like hell, but was fun getting out there and beating it up.

I hear ya! You should see my car right now. I got caught in the rain in October, and parked it. Never washed, never covered it.

I got hell from these guys too....but it's ok...I like all of you still....:D I know you guys are just looking out for me and my car...(prolly the car more) :D :rlaugh:

That's kinda why I bought a Mustang as a DD. I drove it all winter and when it's clean it's a sharp looking car and gets pllenty of attention.

Granted...the 5.0 got way more. You see 10-15 99+ Mustangs a day. When was the last time you saw a nice 5.0 on the road?

I haven't seen a fox body 5.0L since August on the WW Dream Cruise!! Seriouslly. I saw a hoopty 81-84 notch yesterday while coming out of the ghetto from a parts delivery, but that doesn't count.

yeah i don't count tired, worn hoopty 5.0's. I've seen a bunch that are at the end of their days or need major restoration. Granted they could be someone's project car with potential, but as they stand right now, sometimes i don't want to drive behind them for fear of parts falling off and hitting my car :)

Of course, these cars are in such bad condition that it's very hard to stay behind them if you know what I mean. A 200K mile, never-seen-a-tune-up, blowing smoke 5.0 isn't exactly the hardest car in the world to beat.

Those are pretty much all i see these days, but with spring coming, the nice ones will be coming out of storage for the winter. Sometimes a simple clean car like yours is enough to make people check it out.

I used to love going to gas stations with mine. Someone ALWAYS had to ask something or want to check it out

SVT32VDOHC teh notch looks great. I don't believe I've seen it before, thanks for sharing, mang. :nice:

yeah i don't count tired, worn hoopty 5.0's. I've seen a bunch that are at the end of their days or need major restoration. Granted they could be someone's project car with potential, but as they stand right now, sometimes i don't want to drive behind them for fear of parts falling off and hitting my car :)

Of course, these cars are in such bad condition that it's very hard to stay behind them if you know what I mean. A 200K mile, never-seen-a-tune-up, blowing smoke 5.0 isn't exactly the hardest car in the world to beat.

Those are pretty much all i see these days, but with spring coming, the nice ones will be coming out of storage for the winter. Sometimes a simple clean car like yours is enough to make people check it out.

I used to love going to gas stations with mine. Someone ALWAYS had to ask something or want to check it out

+1

The weather was starting to get better, had some sunny and near 70 degree's out. Saw quite a few people out cruising.

I get sick of gas stations out here. It's always one of the three....

1. "Is that a 5.0, man?"
2. "What kind of subs are those, dude?"
3. "Nice wheels, dude!"

:rolleyes:

:D Turkey----Thanks a lot! I think you are in BHR more than 5.0L Talk....take peek in here more often...:D

5L5. Ah man, this wasn't even a 5.0. This was one sad 4cyl, maybe a 3.3L/3.8L V-6 at best depending on the year....but he was "frontin" anyways if you know what I mean.:D

Aww man.. I miss my notch.. :( :(

I actually looked at pics today when i posted in your other thread and i got kinda choked up.. Usually i'll be prepping her for storage removal around this time.. :(

Your notch is beautiful though!!!! :nice: You got a Cobra, and 2 notches.. im jealous!