dry nitrous

mustanggt04fast

Mar 6, 2009
ok so i need some info on dry nitrous kit my friend offered me his brand new kit tonight for 250 dollars and i dont know anything about nitrous is it safe for my car :shrug: any help would be great:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Some bad info in here. I have run a NX wet kit and a DynoTune dry kit and the DynoTune dry kit was way better. I ran the dry kit on my fox with no tune and she ran like a animal. No need for a extra fuel line. Most dry kits have the nozzle mounted infront of the MAF thus cooling the intake air and tricking the computer to add more fuel. You may need to upgrade your fuel pump but thats about it. the dry shot hits much harder thqan the wet and is actually safer cause the there is no chance of nitrous/fuel pooling in the intake. Im just speaking from my experience and the choice is yours but the DynoTune dry kit can be had for around $300 and is a quality kit.

To the OP, if you do your homework both wet and dry kits can be safe. Regardless of which kit you get or don't get, you need to learn how/why the kit works or you shouldn't consider getting nitrous.

Also, $250 for a new kit is a steal!

Dry kit is a very good starter kit for anyone with nitrous for the first time. I would recommend run a 50hp shot and then work your way up, but keep in mind the supporting mods that need to go with nitrous. After you get used to Nitrous then get a really nice Wet Kit or Direct Port System with a 125 or more then you been in business.

And dont let people scare you about Nitrous, "O it will blow it up" ect. A properly setup & tuned nitrous system will be very effecient. I have had a 125hp Zex Wet Nitrous kit on my car for 4 years, but I have a tune and a ton of ecentials to make a kit safe and effective.