Dual Purpose Plug?

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
Quick breakdown of my set up. Stock heads and bottom with e303 cam. stock intake and maf but Explorer tubular intake manifold with 65mm bbk throttle body. Full 2.5" exhaust.

I am setting up a 150 wet shot for occasional use. This is my daily driver. I want to put a set of plugs that will work for both NA daily driving and nitrous use. I do have an MSD 6BTM to retard timing when I will be spraying.

Any recommendations on a plug and gap?

With some searching I have found that the NGK Br7ef plug with .025 gap Or autolite 24 with a .045 gap are recommended. But no one mentions driving with these on the regular.

• Sponsors (?)

If memory serves me the asf42c's are stock, which are autolite 25's. So I would say go with the 24's or asf32c's and go from there. Check your plugs and if they are not loading up at idle you're fine. You want to err on the side of running a colder plug so don't be afraid to go -2 if needed.

I went with the 24s. Since they are colder plugs, can I safely run more timing when not using the nitrous? I can't really hear any detonation over my engine to tell if I have taken it to far. And I do not have a wideband or anything else to check it.