Engine DUI distributor height?

joekurt

Oct 28, 2021
Pennsylvania
Is anyone running the DUI Ford Street/Strip distributor on their 302? That's the one with the coil and the ECM built right into the distributor. I'm trying to decide if one of those will fit on my engine. I've got a 14" air cleaner and DUI says the cleaner will have to be 13" or less. Of course that depends on how tall the distributor is. So, I'm looking for the height of the DUI from where it seats on the block to the top of the cap. The diameter of the cap at the top would also be helpful. With my stock distributor the top of the cap sits about 3/4" below the bottom of the air cleaner but would also clear the air cleaner by about 1/4" if the distributor were taller.
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

looking for the height of the DUI from where it seats on the block to the top of the cap. The diameter of the cap at the top would also be helpful.

Don’t have those answers but,
I wanted an HEI style distributor but determined it would not fit with factory Air cleaner.

I got the HEI that has the coil separate and the bulge on the side.
This kit was about 150$ and has worked fine. Starts better too.
Not sure about replacement parts availability, but,

s-l64-jpg.624831.jpeg

All fits happily....

dscf0238-jpg.624832.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks 2Blue2. This may be good news. I don't have a stock air cleaner. Mine is a 14" strictly round aftermarket version. Do you happen to know what the diameter is on your stock air cleaner? DUI says theirs will clear a 13" cleaner. I'm wondering if I just might be able to shoe horn their dizzy under my existing cleaner.