dull paint

Bree

Jan 12, 2021
Zanesville Ohio
So I take some polish and clean it up real nice, and put a coat of wax, and the Indian Outlaw shines up real nice. Like the hood shot on the left. However in a couple months, it looks like the roof shot on the right. I'm getting to old to Maguiere's 3 step thing thing every few months, although lately, I just do it before a show.
So what's the deal?
Thanks.

Attachments

• paint.JPG
    paint.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

Hope this clears up some stuff... I also have a 7 in Craftsman buffer. I use mostly terry cloth bonnets for the cleaner, and aply wax by hand, and buff it off with a wool bonnet.

Attachments

• paint2.JPG
    paint2.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 70
Thats good your car is now respectable. As it should be considering it's value has gone up, and people want them. Now get out your cowboy hat, and get the Indian Outlaw tearing stuff up.

I should have posted this with the above, but I forgot to shoot it. We have a storm rolling in, and I left the sunroof open on the Stealth Fighter. So when I went out to put it down, I clicked this real quick.

Attachments

• buff.JPG
    buff.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 67
You probably don’t want to hear this but it’s time for a repaint. The paint is dead from oxidation. You can wax until the cows come home but it will keep coming back. If I were you I’d stop buffing on it because by now the paint is probably super thin and it will be easy to buff through it.

I have owned my car for five years, and I have probably waxed my car one hundred times. Sometimes I would wax it three times in row. I know you don't want to hear that, but my car is in great shape so I really can't lose. Better than a paint job price wise. It took thirty waxes just to get it so paint didn't come off on a rag.

Well, a re-paint is the only way to fix this mess. It got sprayed with some kind of hot shavings from a grinder of cut off wheel. The stuff was so hot, it embedded in the glass and paint. The shop denies even having a tool that could do that! :o Wait, you're a body shop and you don't have a cutter or grinder? FU Troy! But as money is tight for me, I was hoping for some mirical polish that could buy me some time.

Attachments

• sprayed.JPG
    sprayed.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 62