I smashed up a Taurus just like that back in the day lol.
Progress looks good buddy- how much more do you have left before its running?
A whole lot, man. 16 inches worth of tail pipes, fuel lines, wiring my gauges, heat wraps, running ground and power wires, FPR, serpentine belt, mega squirt bought and built, and fuel.

New pads and rotors before it can drive on the road. New headlights. Weatherstripping and rear deck cover. Wire up the sound system.

Oh....you said running. Smh

My list goes on and on, but its a whole lot shorter than it was. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

To those that are wondering....these are the old lines I screwed up on. The fittings on the lines are nylon fuel line repair couplers from Autozone. These lines ran from the 4 cyl. body on the drivers side to the metal lines beside the turbo....way too big a chance for failure.
uploadfromtaptalk1470791492384.jpg
These are my lines made up of partial 5.0 and Explorer lines. There will be a short nylon piece running from frame on left side to new metal lines on left side of block ( 5 inches )....way away from the turbo.
uploadfromtaptalk1470791652041.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Got the lines in, finally. I'm not a big fan of compression fittings on fuel lines but we'll see how this goes when I pressurize it this weekend....or tomorrow...which ever comes first.

I got the LMR discount code from Dustin but haven't ordered the FPR yet.

My wife is keeping me motivated. She keeps watching mustang week burnout contests. [emoji469] [emoji469] [emoji469]
uploadfromtaptalk1470872573017.jpg

I got the compression fittings cut off.
uploadfromtaptalk1471120326107.jpg
Took my youngest to the local pond.
uploadfromtaptalk1471120371381.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1471120388271.jpg
Then I sat in my living room ( in the AC ) and flared fuel lines and got them ready to go back in.
uploadfromtaptalk1471120468780.jpg

One step closer to being done....woooohooo. The FPR is on so now I can bolt the intake down for good
uploadfromtaptalk1471386538856.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1471386555142.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Your plug wires are missing...:D
They're the new style....that msd cap is so powerful the spark jumps right through the fiber optic mini wires....you can actually see the sparks dancing around when its running. [emoji106]

I swear it feels good not to have fuel lines running behind the alternator and the turbo. If I only could find something to do with this AC line. Smh
uploadfromtaptalk1471569871961.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I swear it feels good not to have fuel lines running behind the alternator and the turbo. If I only could find something to do with this AC line. Smh
uploadfromtaptalk1471569871961.jpg
Do yourself a favor and get rid of those mr. Gasket valve cover breathers. Go get a couple of valve cover breathers off of a 95 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2? Anyway these won't leak but those will.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of those mr. Gasket valve cover breathers. Go get a couple of valve cover breathers off of a 95 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2? Anyway these won't leak but those will.
I'll look for one this weekend. These are the sealed ones ( no holes in the bottom. I have seen the Mr gasket ones leak, but this one is made from another manufacturer ( I think ).

The junk yards around here should have plenty Dodges. [emoji106]

Last night, apparently, I bought a max tow black face fuel pressure gauge. Must have been their beautiful one touch order feature. They say it'll be here Wednesday. Smh. It does light up green....but if I ordered one it would've been the white face green backlight gauge. Smh.

Don't know what I'll do with it. Probably post it on CL.....or put it on my Econoline van.

Would be at the junkyard searching for parts, but instead I'm at the house watching my youngest son play Minecraft. This has to be one if the most boring games created....or maybe its because I have no idea what's going on. The graphics in this game suck worse than the first Nintendo.

He loves this game so I must suffer through it. Smh

I did solder a few wires on Dusty. The ac pressure switch is on and plugged in.

Last edited:
Imma try to throw a rear carrier in and just bolt up the rear cover.....and then just change the driven gear for the speedo. They did it so it must be that simple. Smh