I've decided to order my diyms2 from diyautotune.com . Its package 1 for 434.00.

I also need to buy a dedicated laptop....not because I need to.. but because I want to. Wish I could find a notebook that could run tunerstudio....still searching for that. Either way the kit should be on its way next week.

At least I'll have something to do on rainy days.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I've decided to order my diyms2 from diyautotune.com . Its package 1 for 434.00.

I also need to buy a dedicated laptop....not because I need to.. but because I want to. Wish I could find a notebook that could run tunerstudio....still searching for that. Either way the kit should be on its way next week.

At least I'll have something to do on rainy days.
I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 100s. 160$ works great.

Got my 160mph Ford Motorsport gauge cluster in. I want to get a new cluster lens....this one is scratched and the one that came out of Dusty is....dull....and dusty.
uploadfromtaptalk1465349169438.jpg

Phone was going dead. No flash

Reactions: 2 users
Now that the suns come up...
uploadfromtaptalk1465383353104.jpg

I ran into a issue last night because of not enough research. First, my zspec with Hanlon Motorsports parts is still torn down. So...I decided to put a spare 4 cylinder trans behind Dusty. Its got some small things done to it, but I wanted to put the all steel bearing retainer for the zspec on it.

The aluminum bearing retainer is worn. Never noticed it when I was driving, previously. The issue is I can't find a bearing retainer for it to save my life. The bearing pocket is larger on the 4 cylinder one. Guess the only differences aren't just the gear set and pilot bearings. Smh....

I'm going to put it in like it is, but jeeesh !!! It'll blow up anyway so guess it doesn't make a difference.

I've seen gears shred in these things. It hasn't happened to me yet. This thing has stood up to alot of abuse. Its been through a lot, but still worked flawlessly behind my nitrous 306 and 347. Had to blip the throttle and ease into reverse....don't think this thing has a reverse brake in the trans ?

Every time I broke the zspec...I'd put this thing in. Always been my spare faithful trans. ( I didn't drive this thing like the zspec, though )

Man "O" man....I got some work done today.

The trans is in....clutch cable ran. Replace the clear cover on my gauge cluster. Changed out the speedometer cable and driven gear.

The exhaust from on3 went on without a hitch. It doesn't come with hangers....needless to say, I will be getting a stainless hanger rod bent an welded to support this thing. For some reason I'm not comfortable letting the turbo and flange carry all the weight and vibrations.
uploadfromtaptalk1465782827162.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465782880804.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465782929105.jpg

I also ran my power steering hoses and lines...not too happy about using the lower bolt holes on the intercooler but its still above the bumper....
uploadfromtaptalk1465783239651.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465783290050.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Gotta wait another 4 weeks to afford this...
uploadfromtaptalk1465783612741.jpg
I've decided to go this route because one jacked up soldering spot and the diy kit would be thrown out the window....sure as $#%* !!!

Ohhh you went through with the MS.... Now were going to be great friends..... when you start to smash your head against the wall [this will happen and its normal if you haven't tuned before] pm me for my phone number, when we get off the phone it will be like your head just exploded. :nice:

Reactions: 1 users
Ohhh you went through with the MS.... Now were going to be great friends..... when you start to smash your head against the wall [this will happen and its normal if you haven't tuned before] pm me for my phone number, when we get off the phone it will be like your head just exploded. :nice:
As soon as it gets here I'll PM you so you can help me annihilate the last of my brain cells.

Reactions: 3 users
If anyone noticed....I have no hose clamps on any of my rubber hoses. The reason for that is I hate chrome hose clamps. I've been searching for a year for black clamps like the factory 5.0 hose clamps. I have no idea what I'm going to do but I hate anodized hose ( fake ) ends and detest chrome clamps. Doesn't anyone make black hose clamps ?[emoji84]

She's not wearing anything at all....perv. Lol.
She's a witch regardless of what she has on.

I'm actually playing Lego batman with my two 9 year olds...trying to butter them up for fathers day gifts. Me and my daughter are going to work on Dusty in the AM. My sons are doing the yard work.

The pipes came in...just need some bolts and 2.5 inch band clamps and I'm good to go. [emoji106]

Reactions: 2 users
Junk yard hopping earlier and came across a v6 mercury cougar.
uploadfromtaptalk1466884413703.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466884425931.jpg

Getting the fans out was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Lol. Super tight fit....I have no idea how you'd ever get the radiator out without dropping the subframe. The fans did squeeze out past the core support and motor, but jeesh it was a tight squeeze !!!

The exhaust is on...except for a few clamps and the tail pipe tips.
uploadfromtaptalk1467031384484.jpg

The fans work out nice. I'm still in the process of dealing with the wiring. Trunk weatherstrip to cover the edge of the fan shroud seems like a good idea.
uploadfromtaptalk1467031888272.jpg

The trans is now wired in. The harness connector for the automatic was cut off and the old '79 harness connector spliced in. This harness has a jumper for the starter signal and the wires for the back up lights. ( no neutral switch)

@Davedacarpainter on Saturday night I drank a fifth of George Dickels whiskey ....well...George Dickels and a quart of apple pie....between two guys....smh. I was tore up. Had lots of fun, but couldn't move all day Sunday. Lol

Tried out what my buddy told me to do. Pretty simple.

Put clamp on to see how far the clamp screws on and mark it...
uploadfromtaptalk1467240601819.jpg

Get the correct size heat shrink tube....trim to fit.
uploadfromtaptalk1467240634319.jpg

Heat tube to shrink and trim the access over hanging part of clamp ( marked earlier ) and install
uploadfromtaptalk1467240823527.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467240847929.jpg

The actual head of the clamp could be painted, that's what he did, but I don't mind seeing where to aim the screwdriver.

image.png

This pic might get you in trouble- potty mouth-
lol
Shrink tubing the hose clamps is a great idea,and if you turn the head to the bottom of the hose nobody will even know that fuchen thing is there :)

image.png

This pic might get you in trouble- potty mouth-
lol
Shrink tubing the hose clamps is a great idea,and if you turn the head to the bottom of the hose nobody will even know that fuchen thing is there :)
I put the writing on the inside of the clamp....can't have the kids reading that every time I raise the hood. Lol