• Sponsors (?)

Thanx man... Did you have to bend the pipe where it screws in the evaporator ? Or did it just rotate enough to line up ?

Man it all took tweaking and massaging. The line that runs along the frame rail with the rubber flex joint actuall failed from heat. I bought some 1/2 stainless tubing and swagelok fittings and grafted in a rerouted section.

Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday was crazy for me. I had to drive from my house to Brooklyn, NY ( 6 hrs away) loaded my old van up and drove to Manhattan, NY and unloaded a couple things, then, drove 4.5 hrs to Pikesville, MD unloaded the van...then back home ( 2hrs) to St.Marys, MD got home a little after midnight. My 88 Econoline is the $#%t...

This morning I picked up the new accumulator. The hose is longer than the original....very happy about that.

Now if only the rain would go away[emoji34]
uploadfromtaptalk1463945309537.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Today I took off of work. Made a junk yard run...in the rain. Found the fan sensor I needed and the kinda hard to find harness. This thing is going to get tested before I put it in my car.
uploadfromtaptalk1464029415227.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Sensor checked out good and cleaned up well. Low speed makes contact at 182° low speed shuts off and high speed starts at 208°. View attachment 557285 Thinking about tapping my T stat housing for this thing....not sure yet.

@Boosted92LX the new accumulator did fit after altering the bracket. Simple and functional. ( would post pic but I'm at Applebee's and they won't load )

The ac line from the accumulator is different from the factory where it connects to the compressor. The original line has a notch in it and there is a piece of metal in the fitting that it lines up to. I removed the fitting off the compressor ( 2 Allen bolts ) and tapped the inserted metal piece out with a bent screw driver from the inside....being super careful not to damage the ring that seats the orings. PITA....but its done.

The fan is controlled through two 40amp relays... I may have to change that in the future. I have no idea how many amps this thing pulles at start up.

I also got my intake pipe extended and it fits great. I was going to lengthen it behind the fender and open up the hole it runs through...but decided not to do that. The pipe sits about 1/4 inch from the turbo...just enough room for the blanket.

If I decide to go back NA ( not likely ) I wanted as little modification as possible to the inner fender panels. Once its cut there's no turning back. Not ready for smooth panels yet. Lol

Reactions: 4 users
I searched and searched and couldn't find a 90° bend for the radiator hose so....I bought this.
uploadfromtaptalk1464141295295.jpg

Yes, its a sink fitting from Lowes. I ground the threads off on my bench grinder and here it is.
uploadfromtaptalk1464141402428.jpg
no more hose laying on the turbo. Yay

Reactions: 3 users
Not a whole lot went on today. Just staring at the car trying to figure out how I got myself in this mess. :O_o:

Reactions: 2 users
When everyone else looks at my car they see a mustang....when I stare at it I see dollars signs and clock hands. Then I hear it... " tick tock, tick tock"....

Is loosing your mind part of being in the club ?

Reactions: 5 users
When everyone else looks at my car they see a mustang....when I stare at it I see dollars signs and clock hands. Then I hear it... " tick tock, tick tock"....

Is loosing your mind part of being in the club ?
Absolutely brother, just give in to the dark side, it'll make more sense then.....:ninja:

Got my BMW fan switch in @madmike1157. Does that mean I'm part of the BMW club too ?

Tapped my thermostat housing for 14mm 1.5 thread. Bolted in no problem. Used a lot of grease and a shop vac so I didn't remove the housing to drill and tap. Yippee !!!

My wife us down for the count with a migraine....so me and the youngest boy are hanging out for the night.... Mc Donalds here we come.

uploadfromtaptalk1464307552743.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464307568777.jpg
still have an issue. I run the stock temp gauge and an aftermarket. There's no extra port in this Holley intake. Anyone have any ideas.... I don't want to tap the intake ?

The heater core pipe is on and the factory temp sensor and sender.

Reactions: 1 user
Put my first heat sleeve on. I'm going to wrap the ends with aluminum heat tape to keep ends from fraying. Only about 50 more things to sleeve.

Well, was going to post pic but won't upload. Smh.

I sleeved the ac line that runs from the condenser to the evaporator. The next one to get done will be the one that runs behind my alternator. I used dei 3/4 inch sleeve from Advance Auto. Stay tuned for more pics of my mess.

Reactions: 1 users
I've had to slow down for a minute to absorb megasquirt info. This stuff is hard to read, even for a Master Tech with an engineering background... If you don't hear from me again then you know my head exploded [emoji102]

I've had to slow down for a minute to absorb megasquirt info. This stuff is hard to read, even for a Master Tech with an engineering background... If you don't hear from me again then you know my head exploded [emoji102]
Usually I walk people through there first setup in the software, it will take about an hour of our time and as long as you have your info ready (full parts list and wide band specs) it will be much less complicated. Most of the info or actually tuning is written directly out of an engineering mindset. So what I do is explain it in layman's terms you know stuff that us simple folk can understand. We can even do this before you buy the megasquirt or any of the upgraded software you can download the free tunerstudio light and we can do your entire setup - except sensor calibration before you even start building or pay for anything this way you can see if the software is right for you