dynacorn question, not debate :)

67coupestang

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
Man there is a lot of threads about is it real, is it worth it etc... my question is simple. I was looking at a picture of one and it looked like it used the convertible seat platform. not the two seperate platforms like my 67 has. so the question is most obviously this is done for ridgidity, but how much would it add? Enough to cast aside my new platforms and order one for a vert??

• Sponsors (?)

It uses the convertable seat pan, 69 shock towers (I think they said they were stronger), and also the sheetmetal is thicker all around. They were checking out a Dynacorn on a TV show I was watching one day.

the floors are the same i belive minus a little trimming for the vert, but the seat base is a one piece that goes over the tranny hump instead of two seperate pieces in the coupe and fastback.

I'm ignorant in not knowing what the difference in the rockers is? I'd assume stiffness, thats a much more important place to stiffen without a roof, but how do they do it? Marie needs at least outters and some patch work to the inners but id love to stiffen her up anyway I can.

And what about the carpet? i know there is a big buldge there now with the seat pan going on top of the transmission tunnel, but does the standard carpet mask it, or do you use the vert carpet? I assumed the vert carpet was short in all the same places the floor pans would be.

Any body got a pic of the floor assembly for a vert? I'd like to see about the reinforcement plates that go under the floors as well.

I considered doing this when I redid my seat pans but decided against it for two reasons I have a consol that I wanted to reuse and I wanted to lower my seat pans for after market seats. I think I would ass strength but not that much without the structure that is under the verts added as well. I did add the passenger side torque box as mentioned above and think it is a must for a driven car.

I believe Shelby and Branda have worked out a new deal that allows Branda to continue to sell Shelby products to not ONLY authentic Shelby's.

That’s it
Unlike Ford he seams to have come to his senses and now is able to understand logic.:flag:

OT to your OT but I hope Ford gets this worked out soon I have been planning for the last 2 years to get an 07 GT “ automatic” :nice: in august. The month my car was built & sold original and the month I bought it. But it is looking like I will be getting something else.:bang: