Dyno'd my car. WTF?

• Sponsors (?)

Ghostang said:
Yeah. Those numbers do seem low... I could have sworn I saw someone posting dynos for those cams and similar mods a while back and they were making 300-320, but I could be wrong. I want to say they made close to 280 or so with just the cams and stock headers + heads.

If so, that would be bhp not rwhp.

jstreet0204 said:
Without knowing the load percentage or MAF voltage you can't really say that for sure. After tip-in he runs about 14.7 (stoich) until he gets into the higher rpms. Depending on what load or VE he as at until 4k or so, this may be normal.
:rolleyes: :lol:

Look at the graph. An all motor car should be around 13.5 to 13.0 flat depending on how picky the engine is. He must spend the cash on a tune to fix that air fuel ratio. It should be flat and straight across.

mogs01gt said:
:rolleyes: :lol:

Look at the graph. An all motor car should be around 13.5 to 13.0 flat depending on how picky the engine is. He must spend the cash on a tune to fix that air fuel ratio. It should be flat and straight across.

I know well what it should be at 100% load. Do you know what it should be at 80% load? All I'm saying is if he stepped on the gas late or if the car was not under 100% load during the entire run, it won't go as rich. The stabalized openloop fuel table is what drives the a/f ratio in open loop, and the x axis on it is load meaning it is load depended.

Something similar to:

Hpp_8-copy.jpg

jstreet0204 said:
I know well what it should be at 100% load. Do you know what it should be at 80% load? All I'm saying is if he stepped on the gas late or if the car was not under 100% load during the entire run, it won't go as rich. The stabalized openloop fuel table is what drives the a/f ratio in open loop, and the x axis on it is load meaning it is load depended.
that is talking about variables that should not happen on a dyno session. It should be at WOT when doing the pull. I have never seen a dyno pull done at part throttle.

mogs01gt said:
that is talking about variables that should not happen on a dyno session. It should be at WOT when doing the pull. I have never seen a dyno pull done at part throttle.

Dyno shouldn't have been done in third gear either but it happens. Like I said without seing the actual datalog with the other variables like load and tps, you can't say where the a/f is supposed to be. To me it looks like he has not kicked out of closed loop until 4k.

jstreet0204 said:
Dyno shouldn't have been done in third gear either but it happens. Like I said without seing the actual datalog with the other variables like load and tps, you can't say where the a/f is supposed to be. To me it looks like he has not kicked out of closed loop until 4k.
any all the variables that could have happened at this dyno are all up in the air. It really looks like the place doing the dyno is a bunch of hacks.