dynoed my car today...how'd i do??

moneypit94 said:
i showed some people your dyno results and mixed reviews, but someone pointed out that the barometric pressure was reading 27.72" and that it should normally be around 30". With a correction factor it would add around 6% being off that much. I don't know i just took the guys word for it.

Anyways, i forgot to ask, what type of fuel were you running?

His words were, either they are dynoing the car on everest or in the middle of a massive hurricane.

All i know is that we were having some really freakish weather this weekend. Check the weather results. It was snowing and raining....then it was sunny....then back to snow and rain.

There were no dyno tricks involved in my dyno. I know all the tricks and didn't use a one of them. If i had i wouldn't post up the sheet with everything showing.

My gas was a 1/2 tank of 91 octane and 4 gallons of 100 unleaded pump gas. If i used straight 91 i would've pulled a few degrees of timing out which might've cost me a little power but nothing crazy. I ran it on the dyno exactly how i run it on the street. I've always mixed my gas a little just to be on the safe side. I could've made up for any loss easy with just letting the car cool down and ice the intake but again i wanted it to reflect the street.

I always thought that the correction factor is what helps keep things on a level playing field for comparing #'s. If i really wanted to impress with #'s i could've done a couple things and it would have easily been closer to 600. I didn't read off of speed which adds quite a bit and i didn't mess with the weather station which can add ALOT depending on how you do it.

• Sponsors (?)

Like i said i don't know anything about that. I don't believe IF there was a problem with the dyno that anybody did it on purpose.

Well get it to the track and let us know some times. You should be around 135 mph or so.

First let me say that I love your car!

Having said that, I do agree with some of the comments here that your numbers seem exceptionally good. I'm not calling BS at all, but they are around 100rwhp more than most see with very similar setups. The only thing that jumps out at me is the AEM as being different. I know a lot of us would like to know where the extra 100rwhp is coming so that we too may duplicate it. Congrats again, the results must be because its yellow as we all know its the fastest color! :) J/K!

congratulations!! I'm thinking about getting an S- trim soon and i was just wondering if you are still using the stock bottom end or if it is just a stock block.
again congrats on the #'s and your car looks great!!

Well, it'll be interesting what i get with a ported intake, ported E7's, stock cam, 42's with matched MAF and the only tuning being from the dizzy and the FPR. I'll see if i can get a tune at 10psi to compare, but i gotta warn ya, it'll be awhile. I hope to get about 450.
I figure you probably had close to 300 or better when you started, so adding another 250 with boost is probably about right, although, i'd say more like 500 with the 10 psi. throw 13 at it and see whatcha get.

Killercanary said:
First let me say that I love your car!

Having said that, I do agree with some of the comments here that your numbers seem exceptionally good. I'm not calling BS at all, but they are around 100rwhp more than most see with very similar setups. The only thing that jumps out at me is the AEM as being different. I know a lot of us would like to know where the extra 100rwhp is coming so that we too may duplicate it. Congrats again, the results must be because its yellow as we all know its the fastest color! :) J/K!

Yes it must be the color......btw, love your car! I'll run the car when i get back to Vegas and find out exactly what it's putting down.

actually, if the barometric pressure was 27.72 that is ridiculously low and would cause a huge conversion factor. Hell, hurricane Katrina only dropped to 27.10 or so. And it was the third worst recorded in US History. Typical atmospheric pressure at sea level is 29.92

Chris

yobi1kanobi said:
but if im not mistaken he is dynoing in las vegas therefore the barometric might not be as off as we think maybe only by like .5 or so.

There's nothing strange about Las Vegas. Today's barometric pressure there is 29.68"

Chris

FastDriver said:
There's nothing strange about Las Vegas. Today's barometric pressure there is 29.68"

Chris

Well i do know that our shop Supra that puts out 1150rwhp on just boost that has also dynoed at 3 different places here in town with only a 3rwhp variance just layed down the same # in Texas. We were down in Houston this past week and dynoed at RSI (Viper shop) and put down 1154rwhp. We did 1148 here in Vegas so i guess ours is a little conservative.

How about a picture of the Supra doing what no other Supra has done to date....pulled the wheels on the launch and then pulled them again for about 80' on the 1-2 shift.
32837.jpg