Dynoed SVO Blower, SVO Heads, PI Cams 98 GT, weighed it too

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
First of all, big thanks to XXX Motorsports (850-457-DYNO) for getting me in today to attempt to break their dyno with the massive powaaaa!

98 GT, 5 Speed, 3.55 Gear, Nitto 245 Drag Radial, 93 Octane, 90.67 Degrees

Roush/SVO Eaton Supercharger @ 4-5 PSI
SVO Heads
PI Cams
FMS Shorty Headers
Mac Prochamber
Mangaflow Catback w/ no tailpipes
FMS Aluminum Driveshaft
FMS 30LB Injectors
Tuned in like 02 by Houston Performance with an Autologic Chip on 91 Octane, running 93 here

Stock maf & inlet tube w/ a K&N Cone Filter, stock tb.

292 RWHP & 308 RWTQ was the best pull it made, but the air fuel was in the low 10's for almost all of the pull, the graph is very choppy. Car could use some tuning for sure. There is probably an easy 20-30 rwhp in tuning.

Needless to say, Im disappointed, but I kind of expected it, and there is alot more to be had with tuning, bigger cai, tb, pulley, meth. The car pulls alot harder at night, so Im sure will break 300 rwhp in cooler air, but as it sits,

Im disappointed, but looking at the tune, there is obviously more to be had. Peak torque numbers arent high, but it's nice and flat, thats probably what makes the car feel peppy. Will post the graph in a bit.

• Sponsors (?)

I also weighed the car at the landfill, where I usually weigh my cars, which gets the same numbers as a Cat Scale, the scales are plus/minus 20 LBS.

98 GT, 5 Speed, Every Option except cruise, but has aftermarket cruise, 17x8 ROH Snypers. Gas gauge was in between 1/4 & 1/2.

Weight Reduction is no dog bone on rear, or black boxes behind rear tire, no spare or jack, FMS Aluminum DS, HO Fibertrends Fiberglass Cobra R Hood. Also dont have any side skirts on the car, since I took the Roush side exhaust off, and havent gotten any stockers yet, but my cameras, and water bottles almost make that difference up lol. Also the Magnaflows have no tail pipes.

Added weight is Roush Blower, Baer 13" Brakes, Recaro Sports may be heavier than stock, not sure? Clarion AutoPC has a small computer under the passenger seat. Small fire extinguisher in the trunk.

3420 with me in it, 3280 without me. Just weighed 147.xx on my shipping scale, so thats close.

Steve is still using Autologic stuff?

I know he has experience with the svo heads, I remember his car was the first in the 11's NA with them, but those numbers seem 15-20hp off of what I would have expected.

It was tuned in 2002. Previous owner says the car was low 12's or so air fuel back then (which is lean to me), made 320 rwhp with the wrong plugs (too short, didnt thread far enough into the SVO heads), and doesnt understand why it would be 10's now. My fuel pressure gauge started acting up when I blew a FPR the other night, so I may put a manual gauge on it to make sure something else isnt going on. Car runs fine though, so I doubt thats an issue, but who knows. I know it doesnt like the heat at all, it feels alotttttt stronger at night.

Agreed .. a tune will help with that final output but not bad for less than 6lbs of boost. Actually that's not too far off from others I know with the same combo. 15-25rwhp and trq off, isn't much. I know for me .... it's perfect as DD.

Look at the air fuel
98GTDynoRWHP.jpg