DYNOMAT?? I cant hear my Stereo!

76_Cobra_II

Dec 27, 2003
Clayton, NC
I have a '76 Cobra II with dual 2-chamber Flowmasters and NO Cats. I have a very nice Stereo and very nice speakers in door and in the rear in 6x9 boxes (I dont wanna cut up the classic interior). Now, I have to turn the volume up ALOT just to hear the stereo, but I think the Flowmasters are interfearing with the speakers cause they sound weak and dont have alot of "oomph" to them! My exhaust Stops at the mufflers, directly under my backseat. Will exiting them out the Side (in front of rear tires) or the rear (any ideas how to snake them to the rear?) make a Dramatic difference? I want to put a nice, small box back there eventually with an Amp, but not until I can get this problem fixed. Any ideas or quick fixes would be great! Again, I dont want to cut into the interior side panels or anything. The dash was Already cut for aftermarket, but I have a nice dash thats UNCUT and when I get working on it this summer Im gonna put a Stock stereo w/8-track (for the shows) in its original spot and the DIN CD player in the glove compartment. Thansk in advance!!

• Sponsors (?)