Eagle crank&rods what kind of RPMs

poonstang90lx

Aug 22, 2004
What kind of rpms can you safely get out of a stock block along with an Eagle 4340 crank and H beam rods I am thinking about changing my combination and want some input on how fast I can spin my 331 safely. Do any of you guys have experience here. I have been told a few things but dont know what to believe. I Have a friend that has a 347 carbed and he spins that thing to 7500. He has had it for 2yrs and it is still holding together. Thank you .

• Sponsors (?)

My 351 is near stock (balanced and hypers with APR bolts/studs good rings and bearing pro assembled) and has the stock crank and rod and I spin that motor to 6600rpm's.It's will do 7000rpm's but it's not making power after 6600rpm's anyhow so why be hard on it?

i think I have the street fighter pro which has a forged crank, the regular street fighter has the cast crank. I honestly can't remember. lol I almost bought both kits at one time or another and I think I changed at the last minute because he gave me a hell of a deal on this one if i remember correctly but ill try to find out. It was a local guy in my club who owns a shop and was trying to get the word out on his shop that was new at the time. he asked that I just tell everyone how his customer service was. I was the first person to buy a 331 from him.

www.coasthigh.com

yes it is a stock block and i have a girdle on it. stock blocks are good to 500hp safely, though many have seen much more than that.

rpmssss

hey dude yeah the crank and rods will deffinatly hold up to about 7500 rpm,BUT you also have to take into consideration your valve train, cam specs and your stock block.
Make damn sure that your heads are set up to take that kind abuse. (valve springs,guides, retainers etc....)

rpmssss

hey dude yeah the crank and rods will deffinatly hold up to about 7500 rpm,BUT you also have to take into consideration your valve train, cam specs and your stock block. You might want to invest on a four bolt main or atleast a good main suppot system.
Make damn sure that your heads are set up to take that kind abuse. (valve springs,guides, retainers etc....)