Eaton M90 on a 89 LX?

• Sponsors (?)

I did both a remote mount m90 and a m112 on top of the engine between the valve covers.... I actually still have most of the stuff for the m90 project.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 user

I did both a remote mount m90 and a m112 on top of the engine between the valve covers.... I actually still have most of the stuff for the m90 project.

Which would you recomend for some one who is a bit of a nood to all this? Because I found a m90 for sale for like $150 and just started thinking this could be a fun project

Unless you are really good at fab work or like the challenge I see no point in this . No offense to anyone but they are small heat machines . Better off with a used Vortech or procharger kit or a cheaper turbo kit. More gain for the money

You will not be into the project for the price of the blower or the man hours to make it work . Just my .02

Reactions: 2 users
Unless you are really good at fab work or like the challenge I see no point in this . No offense to anyone but they are small heat machines . Better off with a used Vortech or procharger kit or a cheaper turbo kit. More gain for the money

You will not be into the project for the price of the blower or the man hours to make it work . Just my .02
I'll add my .02, now it's almost a nickle.

It's crazy talk again. No potential gain for the amount of work required..
Gotta come up with a manifold, deal with the injectors being jammed into too tight of a space. WtF are you gonna do with the distributor,...who makes the front drive to tension, and drive that thing....( the poor guy who bites this project off)
And...now that it finally works...
Whaddya gonna do about all
Of
That
Hot
Assed
Air
Getting
Jammed
Into
The
Engine?

• Useful
No offense, but if you are a self-admitted noob as you say you are, I’d highly recommend a centrifugal kit over a home built roots system.

Learning curve will be steep and it will be mostly self-fabricated

a single eaton m90 is too small on a stock v6 supercoupe

you will need 2 one on each valve cover and only then will you be in business. You'd be limited to about ~400rwhp though on an otherwise stock engine. Toss on a hci swap and you'd be in the ~585rwhp range.

with the one m90... over spun to the moon I made 10psi at 3k rpm with iron heads that netted me 400rwtq, by 5k i was down to 6psi and it made 330hp.

the m112 made 11-12 psi with a 7.21 lower and 2.8 upper pulleys at redline, 2k would make 8psi. I never took it to the dyno with that setup. Alex on corral made in the 700+ range with the same blower on a 363

20190704_174142.jpg

• Loved It!

Yeah that's what am afraid of the Fab work, not so much about the power as it is the looks and sound of it might give it a shot anyway worst case scenario Ill have a pro take over for me.

with the one m90... over spun to the moon I made 10psi at 3k rpm with iron heads that netted me 400rwtq, by 5k i was down to 6psi and it made 330hp.

the m112 made 11-12 psi with a 7.21 lower and 2.8 upper pulleys at redline, 2k would make 8psi. I never took it to the dyno with that setup. Alex on corral made in the 700+ range with the same blower on a 363

I'd happy with the 330hp all day I don't want to go too wild, its still gonna be my daily work car.

I'd happy with the 330hp all day I don't want to go too wild, its still gonna be my daily work car.
Most people are happy with 330hp until they have 330hp.

There’s some good advice here. You can either invest hours and hours making parts fit to make an old, inefficient design work - or a day for a centrifugal kit. Personally I’d rather have my car to drive than piecing together a roots kit.