ECU restoration challenge

SG193

Oct 16, 2019
Humble, TX
Hello, looking for some advise. I have a 5.0 engine and auto transmission from a 1994 mustang 5.0 doing an engine swap in a 73 F100 but no ECU or vin. How do I replace that ecu? Is there some type of plug and play where I dont need that info to buy?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, this opens up a world of stuff, if it were me I would go with a stand alone type ecu, many members here run some type of megasquirt, ms2pnp what ever it is. I'll refer two of our resident car electronic hackers for their take on this.
that said, you could adapt a fox wiring harness and computer but you will be limited to 90's technology. There is also the Holley or Fi Tech systems that are pretty much plug and play mostly self learning efi systems that bolt to a carb type manifold.
@a91what A91
@stanglx2002

First let's identify the wiring harness you plan on using, do you have a harness? After that we can decide on what type of control you want. Do you plan to leave the engine stock?

I actually have an entirems2pnp ECU with all the needed extras for sale, even comes with my tuning services.

Before you commit to anything we need to know what your goals are.

Thanks for that info. I do have its original wiring to the engine just no ECU. I have the trans wiring and engine harness.For now i just want to be able to have a running vehicle. Instead of spending 3 to 5k in a crate engine I had this motor and trans from another project 60 F100. Hoping I dont regret it. Hoping for cheapest fix

All i have is a tag on transmission . Is this enough to get one? All auto stores ask for a VIN
20191009_145307.jpg