Edelbrock and Trickflow intake manifolds anyone have them?

slow3gt

Nov 30, 2005
nashville tn
This may have been asked before i searched for it and i never found a clear answer. Ive owned my 03gt for two years now and these are the first affordable, quality intake manifolds. The dyno test in 5.0 mustang magazine looked promising on a stock 02 gt (i believe) for the trickflow intake. I was wondering if anyone purchased one yet and what there experiences are with it and if it realy does have any power gains ive heard the typhoon was pretty much just for looks. Ive got a cam in my car and soon to but l/t headers so i thought that manifold would probably help it out quite a bit and responses would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I want to buy the trick flow but I know from personal experience do NOT buy the typhoon. I dont care how desperate you are. That thing is a joke. The manifold is "bowed" It wont torque down and pull the manifold down evenly to seal with the head. It will leak and cause running problems from day one!

Its a pile of ****!

TurboButtprobe man is right.. its a FAT pile.. it was my car that i was on, and i had NOTHING but problems with it..:mad: :bang: :notnice: :nono:
BUT even with a big air leak, and even thoe it was running like crap, i still drove it, and it did make a good power difference.. no matter how much **** i talk, I still want to spend the money on a good one:nice: , cuz they are a great mod if they work right:bang:

Not to start another Typhoon war again.. but, I've had one on my car for 6 months without any problems.. I gained 23whp with the addition of the typhoon manifold on my Novi 2000 intercooled setup.. stock motor, stock cams/heads.. the only addition was the typhoon manifold. I gained most of my power from about 5000rpm on up to the rev limiter at 6400rpm.

I want to try the EFI version of the Edelbrock intake mani.. my buddy just converted a carb short runner manifold for his supercharged 318 Dodge Dakota and picked up a ridiculous amount of top end over the stock intake manifold (somewhere in the neighborhood of 60whp at the 500whp level).

Travis

Well not ALL typhoons are bad.. some of them have to work due to the law of averages...:rlaugh:
Thats great that it worked out for you Trav4011... i wish mine would have, cuz even thoe it wasnt running right, and had fat air leaks, it still made a big difference in power and i could feel that much.. :nice: time for a new P-51, and or the Trickflow..:shrug: :D

I have 1 buddie that uses the typhoon and loves it......I tried a different route and went with the HPS Hardball'R intake and WOW! With Patriot Stg II heads and VT Stg II cams and the intake it gained 60rwhp at 6250 rpms...and gained 30 rwhp at peak thru and auto.......the intake is just awsome.......I know another guy with the HPS and a twin turbo and he loves it too!

"ED"

I just got the Typhoon for a good deal and thought i would try it.. Now iam going to try and see if i can get ahold of PP and tell them to send me another one.. lol even thoe i didnt buy it, i have been told that i can send it back and they will replace it.. but that could be :bs: but i guess i will find out.. wish me luck i guess LOL

My .02:

From what I've read about air intakes have lead me to believe that unless you have a power adder (I.E. turbo...s/c...nitrous) they really aren't worth the money. They will definatly help you with power gains but pending on runner length, it will effect your lowend, mid-range, or highend power band. the ones from the factory are the best of ALL worlds as far as across the board power is concearned. I have yet to do anything with mine, so I am speaking from me gathering knowledge, not from experience. Don't take it as me telling you not to get one either, all I'm saying is unless your gonna finish your car off with a power adder it wouldn't be the first thing I look for to buy.

P.S. there is an awsome book out there called : 4.6/5.4 ford horsepower on the dyno ( believe thats the title) I have it at home, and the guy in the book takes a non PI 4.6 put PI heads on it and tests different things on them to see their gains. I highly reccomend reading about the different intakes he uses and there is alot of other cool things in there too.