Edelbrock Performer RPM II Plenum

88GTStreetRod

Jan 5, 2004
USA
I just installed an Edlebrock Performer RPM II plenum along with Edlebrock heads and Cam. The car runs great wide open. However, around cruising speeds when I am not accelerating or slowing down, just cruising, the car whants to "Buck". I am thinking the runners ar to long on the Plenum for my set up. Anyone have any experience with this intake?

• Sponsors (?)

do you have a cam in it? I've know guys that after they put a new intake on and cam it wants to buck because the cam is a high RPM cam. now intakes are set up the same way, where a edlebrock RPM II intake is a much higher RPM intake then an edlebrock performer intake. also what type of bottom end does the car have, is it a stock bottom end?

Thank you to all for the response.
I have a 75mm Mass Air, 65mm Throtel Body. Stock 302 bottom end with forged pistons, E303 cam, 1.6 Rockers (pedestal mount), Edelbrock Permormer Heads, 3.55 gears, 155LPH fuel pump, BBK fuel regulator, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock Performer RPM Plenum, Cobra Mass air, 24Lb injectors, Hardened push rods. MSD ignition,Accel Coil, etc..

When I first put on the new Edelbrock heads and intake, I actually had to turn down the fuel presure to 30PSI to get the car to stop surging when ideling. The previous set up, I ran about 40 PSI. The car now idels great and runs excellent under full throtle. Cruising speeds, the car bucks too much to enjoy. I ruled out Spark plug wires and Mass air problems. Any ideas would be grately apprciated!!

Thanks!!

Rick 91GT said:
Whats the specs on the cam? What rear gear to you have? What tranny?

Thank you to all for the response.
I have a 75mm Mass Air, 65mm Throtel Body. Stock 302 bottom end with forged pistons, E303 cam, 1.6 Rockers (pedestal mount), Edelbrock Permormer Heads, 3.55 gears, 155LPH fuel pump, BBK fuel regulator, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock Performer RPM Plenum, Cobra Mass air, 24Lb injectors, Hardened push rods. MSD ignition,Accel Coil, etc..

When I first put on the new Edelbrock heads and intake, I actually had to turn down the fuel presure to 30PSI to get the car to stop surging when ideling. The previous set up, I ran about 40 PSI. The car now idels great and runs excellent under full throtle. Cruising speeds, the car bucks too much to enjoy. I ruled out Spark plug wires and Mass air problems. Any ideas would be grately apprciated!!

Thanks!!

HEY I HAVE A SIMILAR SETUP AND WANA KNOW GUYS WITH similar setups how is your car on low and mid end? Before and after the tune?

Hey 88, just saw your post from wayy back in 04 lol. I have a similar setup on my 95 and just wanted to talk to you to figure out what you got figured out and did u eventually get it tuned? I will reply to the post also