Edelbrock vs Trick Flow. Best intake for the money???

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
The trick flow intake setup seems alot more affordable than the Edelbrock. Is there any major power differences between the two? Any recommendations on the best intake for the money?

• Sponsors (?)

Trick flow Street = Performer.
Trick flow Track = RPM

More or less. I love the look of the Trick flows when Polished. I think for the money, they are better ($ per HP gained that is). Some dont like because "they are harder to work with" according to them, because of the odd shape.

Trick Flow combos are great and great for the money.
RC

I see you have the typhoon setup, how do you like that? I looked into getting an Edelbrock but its $549 vs the $349 or less for the trick flow or typhoon.

Im fine with it, but you need at least heads for that intake to be any good. I have stock heads but a Vortech. I was really leaning towards the Trick Flow because I saw a polished one that Troy (Yeahlo5.0) had it was nice. I was probably the first guy on here to go with the Typhoon. I got it polished for $349 + S/H..Cant find them that cheap anymore.
Here's how it looked after I "repolished" it.
365463PowerPlus5.jpg

RC

Troy, if you do switch maybe we can throw the TF on my car and help shed some light on this edelbrock versus trickflow debate. If my car makes more power with the TF, I'll buy it off of you, but I doubt it will. I'm a firm believer in the edelbrock pieces and the power they deliver.

Killercanary said:
Troy, if you do switch maybe we can throw the TF on my car and help shed some light on this edelbrock versus trickflow debate. If my car makes more power with the TF, I'll buy it off of you, but I doubt it will. I'm a firm believer in the edelbrock pieces and the power they deliver.

I would love to see that!

Jake

Killercanary said:

DO IT,,,,, DO IT....