EGR codes 33 & 332.......Help...

My 1995 GT check engine light has been coming on. I ran the codes with a multi tester, and came up with a 33 & what I think to be a history code of 332. My chilton says EGR opening not detected and insufficent EGR flow. What do I do now????

1995 Black GT 5.0 bone stock with flows

• Sponsors (?)

Janeoo said:
My 1995 GT check engine light has been coming on. I ran the codes with a multi tester, and came up with a 33 & what I think to be a history code of 332. My chilton says EGR opening not detected and insufficent EGR flow. What do I do now????
1995 Black GT 5.0 bone stock with flows

You need to re-run the codes. There is no 2 digit codes for our cars, only three. Here is a link with all of the codes. Once you run them again correctly, post back and let us know what you came up with!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/445.shtml
Scott

Guys,

There is a table full of 2-digit trouble codes for our cars (as well as a table full of 3-digit codes for our cars).

Code 33 is "EGR Valve Opening Not Detected".

Either your EGR valve is defective (stuck full of crud, or has a leaking vacuum diaphram), the EVP (EGR valve position sensor) that screws onto the top of the EGR valve is defective, or your EVR (EGR valve vacuum regulator) that is located inside the right-front fender well and controls the vacuum signal sent to the EGR valve, is defective.

Hope that helps.