EGR - Help?

Chris_Polley

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2001
Hawley, MN
I had to replace my two heater hoses going to the heater core tonight. What I figured would be a 30 minute job turned into a nearly two hour job because of some really crappy factory ford clamps and no room to get at them. Anyways... I'll try and not go off about how much of a pain that was and I'll get to the point.
When I was replacing the hoses, I accidently broke a very tiny hard plastic vacuum line that went to the EGR valve and the other end appears to go to some sort of solenoid on the back side of the strut tower on the passenger side of the car. It is a very very tiny gray hard plastic vacuum line. I suppose I can only find that at a dealership? What exactly does it do? And should I be driving it in the mean time?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Chris_Polley said:
I had to replace my two heater hoses going to the heater core tonight. What I figured would be a 30 minute job turned into a nearly two hour job because of some really crappy factory ford clamps and no room to get at them. Anyways... I'll try and not go off about how much of a pain that was and I'll get to the point.
When I was replacing the hoses, I accidently broke a very tiny hard plastic vacuum line that went to the EGR valve and the other end appears to go to some sort of solenoid on the back side of the strut tower on the passenger side of the car. It is a very very tiny gray hard plastic vacuum line. I suppose I can only find that at a dealership? What exactly does it do? And should I be driving it in the mean time?

Thanks!
If you broke the plastic in the middle of the line somewhere, you can take a piece of rubber vacume hose just big enough to fit over the plastic for a repair. Just slide the ends of the plastic line in each side of the rubber. This will work fine and you won't have any problem from doing this. :nice: