EGR valve hitting FPR, pics inside.....

• Sponsors (?)

When I put my Victor manifold on, I had to keep the spacer on for the throttle cable junk to fit. But since the Victor doesnt have EGR passages, I cut a small piece of aluminum sheet metal to fit over the EGR hole on the spacer (with drilled holes for the studs) and sealed it with Ultra Black silicone.

I was afraid someone would suggest a phenolic spacer. The intake looks like it's JUST going to clear the hood as it is. If I put a spacer on it I will absolutely need a new cowl induction type hood. Which I can't really afford right now. As far as deleting the egr valve and blocking the passages goes, I need to pass a smog test, so I can't do that. Any other suggestions?

Well, I tried that too. I put the stock FPR back on and the EGR valve still makes contact with the FPR. This makes me think that there is something that I'm missing here. I know other people have installed the Trick Flow top end kit and I've never heard of this problem before.

Wow that's a new one sorry I can't give you any advise. But I have didn't have any issues with my trickflow and regulator. Maybe it's something with that professional products egr spacer.

Not shure, but you are mixing alot of different brands together.

I don't think it's the egr spacer that causing the problem. I matched it up to the stocker and it's the same overall size and same mounting locations for the egr valve. As far as mixing a lot of different brands together, isn't that what we all do? Trick Flow doesn't make TB and EGR spacers, or FPR. So I don't really have a choice but to mix and match parts.

I also have a Trick Flow top end kit and ran into this same problem, as well as my friend with his GT. I think the location of the opening for the EGR and throttle body is closer to the center of the intake making it closer to the FPR.

I also noticed two of my friends' CAI's rub on their passenger side strut tower, but mine is about 1 1/2" away...

Just a theory

That spacer looks like it would do the trick though on your Trick Flow.

I don't think it's the egr spacer that causing the problem. I matched it up to the stocker and it's the same overall size and same mounting locations for the egr valve. As far as mixing a lot of different brands together, isn't that what we all do? Trick Flow doesn't make TB and EGR spacers, or FPR. So I don't really have a choice but to mix and match parts.

I was just commenting on the different brands. Your car will be a walking billboard.:lol:
trickflow intake, bbk regulator, PP spacer, what brand is the TB?

I would not waste your money on something to make it fit, because they should fit fine. There is something wrong and you just need to step back and find it.

Jkstang78
But did you try to bend the fuel rail down a little bit. Looks like it just might need a tweek.

Did you maybe bend the fuel rail alittle when you took it of the old intake?

Sometimes they really get gumed up and stuck on the original intake and need a good tug to pop the injector out. :nice:

When I installed the Lightning lower and comp cams box upper on my 351w block, I had the same clearance issue.
My fix was to pull the egr...

If you think that spacer is thick enough to give clearance, then I would do that. In fact I may do that now that I know this spacer plate is readily available.

Take the time to mock it up and see how much room you really need, and compare that to the thickness of the spacer plate.

That seems like the best fix to me.
Bending the fuel rails can be sketchy. If you do give that a whirl, then have a back up set of rails from the j/y lying around. That tubing is pretty deceptively soft...

jason

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up calling Trick Flow and they told me to get a 3/8 inch Phenolic spacer, which I did and I worked out perfectly. But my hood is off the car right now and it looks like it will be a VERY tight fit when closing. We'll see soon enough, hoping to finish up with the install this weekend.

I have a TFS 1 inch and the stock hood. A 3/8ths will work fine. For the 1 inch I had to cut one of the crossmembers that branches to the driver side out from under the hood. Other than that it fits.
Kevin