Suspension Eibach drag springs too soft?

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
I have new MM/Bilstein coilovers up front. 10"/300lb springs. In the rear I have new Bilstein shocks and Eibach drag springs. When I drive, car handlingis great. If I hit a mild to large dip in the road though, I feel a "thud" like Im bottoming out. Are the Eibach really soft? Im thinking maybe since they are "drag" type springs, they allow the car to squat easily on launch at the strip? I think I need a stiffer rear spring set.

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing designed for drag racing handles well.

As far as I know, bilsteins are terrible with drag springs.

Is this with coil overs? If not, how do you know the specs?
If they are coil overs, MM uses 200lb springs for handling, so I doubt 300's are too soft.

If they are standard installation drag launch, they normally get an air bag in the passenger side.

Regardless, you have a mismatch in parts.

I have a Bilsteins set on all 4 corners with the MM coilovers up front. The front coilovers are 300lb/10". I know that since I bought them brand new from LMR. The Eibachs do have a passenger "red" center section that I assume is the airbag. I don't know what the spring rate is on them however. When I called MM a while ago, they said not to replace the Eibachs. I think he meant "see how they perform" initially. Maybe I can call them again to see what they recommend seeing as it seams to almost bottom out when hitting sharp dips at more than 25 mph.

Gotcha, I read it as you had 10/300 in the rear.

MM isn't really a high pressure company, I think they like people to change 1 thing at a time to see the difference. Because when you change a bunch at once, it's hard to tell what made the biggest changes.

I must have talked to them 20 times and they never try to sell me anything.

I'd buy the street set of H&R rear springs they have (not officially sure which set they sold me)
I've had a bunch of rear springs and they are easily my favorite. Handle well, ride quality is easily the best of any set I've ever owned.

Also maybe get their pinion snubber, since it's shorter and softer if the rear is hitting it.

Reactions: 1 user
Funny you say this..... I feel exactly the same. What a great company. They never try to sell you a thing. They are happy to give you any advice. They mentioned the H&R springs too. Thats what I ordered. That and a pinion snubber. When I was in "checkout" the springs were free shipping, but the snubber was like $12 to ship. Kind of a goof I think on the website. I called them to ask about it and they actually included one for free!! Normally it only comes free with a 4 spring set. I will go back to them for sure if I need any suspension stuff in the future.

Reactions: 1 user