Electric Fan, how many CFM for my combo

• Sponsors (?)

You have to be really careful because of the way many of the manufacturers measure the cfm rating of their fans.

I'm with Keith -- the following 4 fans are used by folks regularly and hardly anyone has a problem with them -- Lincoln MkViii fan, SN95 fan, Taurus 3.8L V6 fan, SPAL dual 11" fans. And go to www.dccontrol.com for your controller -- it's hands down the best there is. I'd stay away from the other aftermarket fans -- especially the $79 speed shop specials. They may work fine for a 4 cylinder - but they'll probably not move enough air for a V8 with a/c.

I get away with the black magic fan more than adequately, however I have a Fluidyne al radiator, 180 thermo, high flow water pump and the black magic... Depends on the rest of the cooling system IMO. Oh, and I also have retained the a/c.

Michael Yount, do you think a fan from a mercury sable wagon, 93 model with the 3.8 L will cool my application fine?? since the price of metal has went up all the yards here have crushed everything old! I found a yard with the 93 sable wagon in it, just wanting to make sure it will most likely be fine

1993SSP said:
Michael Yount, do you think a fan from a mercury sable wagon, 93 model with the 3.8 L will cool my application fine?? since the price of metal has went up all the yards here have crushed everything old! I found a yard with the 93 sable wagon in it, just wanting to make sure it will most likely be fine

I checked the pn and it's listed as the same as a 3.8L Ford Taurus fan

Thanks guys, Im gonna go with this fan, went to the yard and it was a freebie, Ive bought alot of stuff there, they gave it to me since it was just gonna get crushed in a few days anyway. Picked up the stuff to mount it with at advance, now I'll just need the dcc controller and im set!