Electrical Issue - Help Needed

Hello, all. Over the past couple of months, I've been installing a 1993 5.0 engine in my 1966 convertible. I've got it in and about ready to start it up but I am having a quirky issue with the 66 wiring. I've got all of the lights, internal and external, working as advertised, but when I activate the directional signals, either one, all four directional lights flash. The emergency flasher operates properly, also. I've gone through the steering column wiring and can find nothing amiss. I DID remove the steering column during the engine exchange but I did not make any changes to that wiring. I was hoping that someone out there might have experienced this issue and might point me int he right direction to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you've got two wires shorting together. Start poking around, something got shorted. You said 4 ways work ok? Just for the heck of it try a new flasher, could be shorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes double check your work on column. It's real easy to bend or break a small pin. Pay particular attention to wires for signals. Do a wiggle test on wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk