electrical issues

rad4lif

Mar 1, 2019
LA
ok my mustang family havin some issues here need some assistance any would be most appreciate...so i desided to install a 130 amp alternator my stock one was juz not holding up i started to notice i had slight dim on my lights n also i’m planning to install an electric fan later on...so after i install this 130 amp i was havin two issues...one, every time i started it up it’s revving up the engine n then it goes down to regular idling...second, my voltage needle keeps going up n down n when i turn on blinker it goes up n down same rythem as the blinker...great more headaches!!

• Sponsors (?)

Grounds. Make sure all of your grounds are solid and clean. Check to be sure the ground strap from the rear of the engine on the cylinder head to the firewall is present and attached as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do like suggested above and double check your work

Also, did you swap your old alternator pulley over to the new alternator? if you swapped to a 3g the pulley that comes on them are typically larger which ends up not spinning the 3g enough at idle for you to get a full charge. Swap the old pulley onto the new alternator if you haven't done so yet

Reactions: 1 user