Engine build questions

My brothers friend has a 306 block sitting around and with me questioning my motor and using nitrous frequently on it, it has me thinking. Now what rotating assembly would you use and some other things for the motor?

To be completely honest i have no idea about anything when it comes to building a motor...

I do know on the top end I would probably put either AFRs, Edelbrock, or Trick Flow heads and then the cam I would probably get a custom cam....

This will also be a nitrous set up so I would want forged pistons and such.

Also how much is labor normally (estimate) to take out my engine and install the new one?

Thanks,

If anyone can help or give some input

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on how much nitrous you are going to run and power that will determine how much attention you need to give the bottomend.

Probe Industries makes good forged parts/rotating assembly to handle power, but that will make your block the weak link.

Either of those heads would work, maybe get a little exhaust porting (nitrous port) on the exhaust side for a little edge.

Custom cam is a good way to go!

Depends on the shop you go to, but they could charge as much as 2k for full rebuild, remove and install. Possibly less and very possibly more...it really depends.

Man...I just made an excel sheet up with some of the things that i need and i know im missing stuff and it already came out to be close to 6000...I dont even know if can get that much money together which is going to suck if my motor comes out to be screwed up.