engine missing out @ high rpms HELP have codes

jd-underdog

Feb 8, 2004
Indy
93 gt, my car is missing out when i get around 3000 or 4000 rpms, i changed the tfi mod. and its still doing it, i ran the codes and here is what i came up with. with the ingnition on and the engine of it pulled a code 31. with the enigine running it pulled a code 12. anybody got any ideas what to try next?

• Sponsors (?)

MSTANG said:
Plugs :D

Serious check the gap they may be too worn...could be too lean or fat at that RPM range... could be the SPW... look at the plugs it'll narrow it down for you:nice:

Just put brand new motorcraft plugs in 2 weeks ago, thought i got a bed set and replaced those last weekend, so i have had 2 brand new sets of plugs on in less than 3 weeks. so i dont think there are the problem, also changed the cap and rotor at the same time.

Code 12 -Idle Air Bypass motor not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) - IAB dirty or not working. Take it off and clean it thoroughly with throttle body cleaner. Clean the electrical contacts at the same time.

CODE: 31 (KOEO) - EVP circuit below minimum voltage. Vref missing or broken wire or bad contact in circuit. Check for 5 volts on the orange/white wire. With the sensor removed from the EGR and still connected, press the plunger and watch the voltage change on the brown/lt green wire. Check for the same results on pin 27 on the computer.

jrichker said:
Code 12 -Idle Air Bypass motor not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) - IAB dirty or not working. Take it off and clean it thoroughly with throttle body cleaner. Clean the electrical contacts at the same time.

CODE: 31 (KOEO) - EVP circuit below minimum voltage. Vref missing or broken wire or bad contact in circuit. Check for 5 volts on the orange/white wire. With the sensor removed from the EGR and still connected, press the plunger and watch the voltage change on the brown/lt green wire. Check for the same results on pin 27 on the computer.

ok help me out here i am a newbie what is an IAB? and also what is vref?