Engine Random Knock?

John Poland

Jun 26, 2016
Hello Stangnet! I bought this super sketched 2005 mustang GT with a lien on the title for $900, my auto shop applied for an abandon title and now I currently have a clean title to the car which is awesome! Sadly the previous owner took horrible care of the car but was still an amazing steal for the price. She didn't keep up on any of the maintenance and drove it rough and I've come across some issues. The biggest issue is that occasionally out of nowhere the engine will have a knocking sound out of nowhere then I'll turn car off and back on and it'll be gone. I don't know if it's a rocker arm that has been damaged or something more severe or something as simple as the fuel filter because I'm sure it's never been replaced and my car has almost 112,000 miles on it so if anyone had any insight on that that would be phenomenal!! Tomorrow I'll probably replace my fuel filter as well as take off my valve cover and inspect it but it could be neither of those things. Also in lower gears (1st and 2nd) my car makes the grumble and it sounds like plastic gun bbs bouncing around harshly and if anyone knew what that could be would also be much appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)