Engine "rattle"

I'm in Birmingham, AL. I'll check tomorrow about the rental of equipment.

Yeah, I had somebody cut open the last oil filter that came off and they said it was clean. There doesn't appear to be any loose metal in the oil. So at least nothing is coming off in pieces........

Is it possible that one of the valve springs is "loosening-up" once it warms up, or is that not possible? Also, does the fact that it doesn't make any noise under load OR deceleration give any clues to what it might be? The fact that it only does it under netural throttle or very light acceleration and in a fairly narrow rpm-range, should be suggestive of something I would think.

• Sponsors (?)

did you find anything out about this. Im having the same problem with my 99. Seems to run fine but when the engine is cold and i get to about 2k RPM it makes that same racket. When it warms up the sound deadens some but its still there. Sounds like its coming from the same spot yours is. IM talkin about your racket sound only.

I gots a rattle also that I can't figure out...I'm opening the engine up to take a peek at the timing chain / tensioner....with a stethiscope...I think (not sure) hear the rattling from down near the timing chain...and maybe a grinding? Could just be the sound of the chain though. I changed the tensionser pulley, didnt help...

I have no loss of power at all...nothing has changed with performance...

I got one week to figure it out and fix it...I'm driving from Montreal to Indianapolis...not a good idea to travel that far w/ a rattle I think.