Engine rebuilt.... now i got codes

pdstang2000

Jul 20, 2005
hey hey hey....

here is what i did....

2000 GT....

302 Stroker from Eagle (9.2:1 compression.... keeping future of FI in mind)
VT stage 2 cams
Patriot Stage 2 heads
BBK shortys
BBK o/r X
SLP loudmouth catback
Mac CAI
Accufab 75mm TB
TrickFlow Intake Manifold
MSD Blaster Packs
Underdrive pulleys
3.73's
24lb injectors

Dyno Tuned on a Mustang Dyno.... guys at the shop say Mustang dynos give lower readings then dynojets... something to do with adding load or something... i have no idea...

315 rwhp
316 rwtq

but now i need some help.... after a day of driving, service engine soon light appears.... codes reading P1000 (Systems Readyness Test Not complete) and P0300 (Random Misfire Detected)

What to do... is this serious does anyone know... should i just clear them and see if they reappear... is it safe to keep driving?

so i posted this problem in a existing thread of mine, got a couple of responses, thought id see if i could get more... so far most likely cause and response i got was that it could be the heat range of plugs im using (im using stock heat range).... anyone got any other suggestions..
original thread was.... http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=727364

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Two things that come to mind check your COP's you could have a bad one. The other is the crank pulley isn't torqued down properly both will throw that code. The P1000 you don't have to worry about, if you have the rear O2's turned off it will throw that code.

Bill