• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Engine Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter WRAITHII
  • Start date Start date Jul 20, 2005
W

WRAITHII

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
16
0
0
Jul 20, 2005
#1
  • Jul 20, 2005
  • #1
I have been M.I.A. for a while due to a go around with my ISP but have manged to keep up on a friend's connection. Anyway, I have a question. I have a 78 T-top car with a v6, four speed. My plans are to swap an 85 or up roller motor into the car. I have collected the necessary parts for the V8 conversion, but I wonder if I will be able to use the later model AC compressor and or brackets. I would certainly like to keep the serpentine belt set up and use the later model compressor if possible, but I know that the water pump rotation is reverse on the later engines. Any ideas on how to keep the serpentine pulleys during this swap and have everything operate correctly?
 
C

COBRAIIW

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
562
1
0
CT
Jul 20, 2005
#2
  • Jul 20, 2005
  • #2
Read thru the 86-92 5.0 swap thread we just did last week.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
259
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
S
Engine Belt routing with supercharger and smog/ac/ps delete
  • Steve6482
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
96
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 15, 2026
Steve6482
S
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
517
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
450
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
F
Electrical Foxbody wiring harness 2.3 to v8 swap
  • Foxbodyjake
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?