Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Why not do a 3 way electric valve and program it to respond to manifold pressure? Have one leg to the engine and the other to a vac canister. When you are under vac just draw on the canister with a check valve in place?

unless I’m thinking about it wrong, but that’s my 1 min overview while having a coffee at a random dunks somewhere

• Sponsors (?)

Why not do a 3 way electric valve and program it to respond to manifold pressure? Have one leg to the engine and the other to a vac canister. When you are under vac just draw on the canister with a check valve in place?

unless I’m thinking about it wrong, but that’s my 1 min overview while having a coffee at a random dunks somewhere
Yeah I am just doing my usual overthinking everything. I may put a sensor to monitor crankcase pressure on one of the valve covers. Would work out better on the oil pan but its finally sealed so it's not coming back off.

Do you think I could setup a check valve system so that when the engine is under vacuum the pump is off and once it looses vacuum [boost or near boost] the vac pump picks up and the check valve pulls closed so the pump is then evac-ing the crank case.

hmm.. I just dont want the vac pump to affect the signal in the intake manifold.

I suppose I could try and mount a belt driven vacuum pump but that seems like a real PITA
If you guys are talking about the GM electric smog pumps, they don’t work.
They may pull vacuum when there is nothing offsetting the steady state that they are capable of, but introduce some positive crankcase pressure into the mix, and the pump quickly goes from barely adequate, to completely worthless.

If you guys are talking about the GM electric smog pumps, they don’t work.
They may pull vacuum when there is nothing offsetting the steady state that they are capable of, but introduce some positive crankcase pressure into the mix, and the pump quickly goes from barely adequate, to completely worthless.
Well that's out the window then.. I like the idea of better ring seal.
Got a suggestion short of a belt driven evacuation pump?

Well that's out the window then.. I like the idea of better ring seal.
Got a suggestion short of a belt driven evacuation pump?
Now you gotta know that I tried just about everything to stop the old monster engine from puking’, and gurging all of its out out of the top of the engine through vent hoses..short of the belt driven vacuum pump, you got a few choices to try and make some sort of PCV/ catch can, or straight breathers work for you.
The 2j has that one breather tank, and is fairly well sealed up. it seems to work.

....................................... VR sensor in the side of the transmission does not work.... I cannot get a signal out of it.... to replace it I have to drop the exhaust, coldside from the turbo, and the trans crossmember.. along with a myriad of other items because I cant stop over engineering things.......
1611338024044.png

**edit: I need this meme as a sign or poster for my office**

The output shaft has the needed gear on it, so i ordered a hall effect sensor for it from summit.

I altered the VR sensor circuit in the gpio [again F**k that circuit never again will I use anything but a max9924 equivalent] for use with a hall input. I am going to run a separate cable for the speedo to the trans controller [easier that way]...

If it works out I can test to see if this thing shifts correctly, once I can verify that it does in fact shift through the gears then its first voyage time.

Reactions: 1 users
....................................... VR sensor in the side of the transmission does not work.... I cannot get a signal out of it.... to replace it I have to drop the exhaust, coldside from the turbo, and the trans crossmember.. along with a myriad of other items because I cant stop over engineering things.......
1611338024044.png

**edit: I need this meme as a sign or poster for my office**

The output shaft has the needed gear on it, so i ordered a hall effect sensor for it from summit.

I altered the VR sensor circuit in the gpio [again F**k that circuit never again will I use anything but a max9924 equivalent] for use with a hall input. I am going to run a separate cable for the speedo to the trans controller [easier that way]...

If it works out I can test to see if this thing shifts correctly, once I can verify that it does in fact shift through the gears then its first voyage time.
I was never able to get any speedo input from the internal sender on my 4r. I used some sort of sender that plugged in in place of the factory cable head. You are welcome to that if you need it.
The internal sender on the 4l didn't work either, so I just got a GPS based speedo sender that emits a 8000 pulse count to my speedo, which works OK.( but not good enough for what you are trying to do)
I know you need the speedo signal to shift your trans,..when/if you bail on that, I also have the solution to that headache
1611410733273611325209190794231.jpg
sitting on a rolly cart..You'd just have to pay truck freight to get it.

Reactions: 1 user
I was never able to get any speedo input from the internal sender on my 4r. I used some sort of sender that plugged in in place of the factory cable head. You are welcome to that if you need it.
The internal sender on the 4l didn't work either, so I just got a GPS based speedo sender that emits a 8000 pulse count to my speedo, which works OK.( but not good enough for what you are trying to do)
I know you need the speedo signal to shift your trans,..when/if you bail on that, I also have the solution to that headache
1611410733273611325209190794231.jpg
sitting on a rolly cart..You'd just have to pay truck freight to get it.
That's the fully built manually shifted 4r ain't it.... yeah i may need that

Anybody familiar with these 4r70w transmissions? I have the vss working... with the car on jackstands it starts in what i think is 1st gear (that's what i am commanding solenoid 1) then it does not feel like i get second (all solenoids off) then third hits pretty hard (solenoid 1 off solenoid 2 on)... I got a shift so I shut her down. I have an oil drip from my oil return.

Basically.... I am trying to figure out if I have the solenoid commands wrong or if I have a wire crossed... hard to tell without it on the road

Well gents... I checked it all dropped the VB triple checked the shift kit ect... retorque the VB and still no 2nd... not even when it's in manual 2nd.. I found a good amount of silver in the trans fluid so I am going to assume it's a sprag/diode isse... f$%k man I cant catch a break.

Gonna call silver fox performance in the morning. As much as I appreciate the offer @CarMichael Angelo I want an electronic transmission... I think I am going to order the 700 kit from them.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users