Estimated 1/4 time and HP with this

Highbredcloud said:
Well whatever...it's just stupid reading through all this BS...I won't even comment on your first sentance futher than you act like a f**ken leach...just lay off the topic already...NOBODY like an "internet warrior" :rolleyes: The links you provided would not open...said page could not be displayed...HOWEVER...GEARS are just as important as traction...and you seem to be forgetting that...street suspension does not equal drag suspension... :nice:

Don't read thru it if it bothers you that much...its that simple...if its pointless info (which it is)...then don't respond to keep the pointless thread open...

I don't ever remember specifying street or drag suspension :nice:...oh and my bad GEARS ARE INCLUDED...

You think I'm an internet warrior huh?... :rlaugh: ...you look at all my previous post and take out the ones given in this thread and what do you get?...I'll let you check it out...and see...and then ask yourself...is this guy a internet warrior?...When I get bored I argue with hardheaded people (Lil' Willy)...

They work for me :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
Don't read thru it if it bothers you that much...its that simple...if its pointless info (which it is)...then don't respond to keep the pointless thread open...

5spd GT said:
I don't ever remember specifying street or drag suspension :nice:...oh and my bad GEARS ARE INCLUDED...

Exactly my point...YOU should consider them...BTW: what gears were the people running to obtain the times you speculate? Once again I can't open those links... :shrug: Keep in mind there is a HUGE difference between 3.73's and 4.10's...as it is with street suspension vs drag suspension SO ALL IN ALL one can have 300rwhp...same weight along with street suspension and run slower than another guy with 300rwhp same weight with drag suspension...(not too mention gears) given the driver and condition are equal...RIGHT?

5spd GT said:
You think I'm an internet warrior huh?... :rlaugh: ...you look at all my previous post and take out the ones given in this thread and what do you get?...I'll let you check it out...and see...and then ask yourself...is this guy a internet warrior?...When I get bored I argue with hardheaded people (Lil' Willy)...

I call'em as I see'em...AND I saw Willys1 TRYING to end it while YOU with the following post kept on going...WTF is that? :shrug: ...but whatever...just don't start with the pet names especially with me...Other than that both of you acted like special olympians... :flag:

Highbredcloud said:
Exactly my point...YOU should consider them...BTW: what gears were the people running to obtain the times you speculate? Once again I can't open those links... :shrug: Keep in mind there is a HUGE difference between 3.73's and 4.10's...as it is with street suspension vs drag suspension SO ALL IN ALL one can have 300rwhp...same weight along with street suspension and run slower than another guy with 300rwhp same weight with drag suspension...(not too mention gears) given the driver and condition are equal...RIGHT?

I call'em as I see'em...AND I saw Willys1 TRYING to end it while YOU with the following post kept on going...WTF is that? :shrug: ...but whatever...just don't start with the pet names especially with me...Other than that both of you acted like special olympians... :flag:

SORRY...I thought gears were considered...my mistake :rolleyes:

Your not getting the point...I never said any car with 300rwhp can get 11's...I simply put a car with driver and traction can get high 11's with 300rwhp...I could care less how "driveable it is"...my bad let me add gears in there...I think anybody knows that 273's aren't going to cut it...I forgot their are "newbies" on here...(not you)...

I think most were using 410's...dont' have time to look thru (or pardon me don't really want to look right now)...

YOU THINK WILLY'S WAS TRYING TO QUIT... :rlaugh: ...PLEASE REREAD IT...AND YOU SAY I KEPT POSTING...NO...JUST GOT THE LAST POST...WILLY'S NEW IT WAS POINTLESS..BECAUSE HE COULD OBVIOUSLY OPEN THE THREADS AND SEE...PET NAMES...BOOHOO...WAAAA.....WHO CARES?

Special Olympians huh?...boo hoo crybaby...how bout that for a pet name... :shrug: ...that was below the belt :rlaugh: :rolleyes: :notnice: :banana:

Again :lock: this thread...pointless post get pointless answers...

5spd GT said:
SORRY...I thought gears were considered...my mistake :rolleyes:

Your not getting the point...I never said any car with 300rwhp can get 11's...I simply put a car with driver and traction can get high 11's with 300rwhp...I could care less how "driveable it is"...my bad let me add gears in there...I think anybody knows that 273's aren't going to cut it...I forgot their are "newbies" on here...(not you)...

I see your point clearly...Can you see mine as in terms of 300rwhp with 3200race weight doesn't ALWAY = 11's...? :shrug: What you said is very broad and very contreversial as to and I qoute "I simply put a car with driver and traction can get high 11's with 300rwhp...I could care less how "driveable it is"..."...I don't think you see the other side or else I wouldn't have to repeat myself...BUT a car with steep gears along with drag suspension with 300rwhp and 3200 race weight should hit high 11's as you said...It's all how you say it if you want people to understand exactly what you mean to say... :nice:

5spd GT said:
I think most were using 410's...dont' have time to look thru (or pardon me don't really want to look right now)...

with 4.10 300rwhp and 3200 race weight that would make this a valid argument...(claim)...in other words I concur... :nice: :flag:

5spd GT said:
YOU THINK WILLY'S WAS TRYING TO QUIT... :rlaugh: ...PLEASE REREAD IT...AND YOU SAY I KEPT POSTING...NO...JUST GOT THE LAST POST...WILLY'S NEW IT WAS POINTLESS..BECAUSE HE COULD OBVIOUSLY OPEN THE THREADS AND SEE...PET NAMES...BOOHOO...WAAAA.....WHO CARES?

Special Olympians huh?...boo hoo crybaby...how bout that for a pet name... :shrug: ...that was below the belt :rlaugh: :rolleyes: :notnice: :banana:

Again :lock: this thread...pointless post get pointless answers...

:shrug: :rolleyes: :nonono: no comment...

Highbredcloud said:
I see your point clearly...Can you see mine as in terms of 300rwhp with 3200race weight doesn't ALWAY = 11's...? :shrug: What you said is very broad and very contreversial as to and I qoute "I simply put a car with driver and traction can get high 11's with 300rwhp...I could care less how "driveable it is"..."...I don't think you see the other side or else I wouldn't have to repeat myself...BUT a car with steep gears along with drag suspension with 300rwhp and 3200 race weight should hit high 11's as you said...It's all how you say it if you want people to understand exactly what you mean to say... :nice:

with 4.10 300rwhp and 3200 race weight that would make this a valid argument...(claim)...in other words I concur... :nice: :flag:

:shrug: :rolleyes: :nonono: no comment...

I agree...don't go off on a posting spree...Let me rephrase this :rolleyes: ...GEARS, TRACTION, 3200,....uh oh...I'm bout to get in trouble...I didn't include a good driver... :nonono: ...see alot of people don't include good or skilled driver but its kind of understood on and off the drag strip...SOMETHINGS ARE JUST UNDERSTOOD...WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIN CONCEPTS...

YOU FORGOT DRIVER....

So you call us "special olympians"...but we can't call you childish pet names in return...thats no fun :rlaugh:

Also...here is where your whole ARGUMENT about me not including gears goes down the drain...

If you have followed up on the posts...you will see it started about by "argueing" what a 320rwhp vert could do at the strip...and Willy's stated that it couldn't get mid12's...and probably not even high 12's...NOW REMEMBER THE 320RWHP CAR HAS GEARS ALREADY....SO THEN I BRING UP THAT A 300RWHP CAR CAN GET LOW 11'S...(WHILE REMEMBERING THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS GEARS)...SO WHY CAN'T A 150LB MORE VERT GET MID 12'S WITH MORE POWER WHILE A EQUAL CAR WITHOUT THE VERT WITH LESS POWER CAN GET HIGH 11'S...read that carefully...I dont' even know if that made sense...but if you read and followed up with the post...you will find out where we got off on the 300rwhp subject...

BOTH CARS WERE UNDERSTOOD TO HAVE THE GEARS...WILLY'S GOT IT...WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH ON?

again not to scratch the itch that bleeds but "gears" and "traction" are such broad terms...BE more specific like the ratio of the gear and most importantly distinguish between street or drag suspension...and you can have some validity to your argument...otherwise you get people like me calling BS...I realize what's given when a concept is implied...I'm not stupid...Posting spree or not I'm surprised I have to type so much for you to understand your error in description...Push comes to shove etc...etc...BOTH OF YOU ARE AT FAULT...don't point your finger at others...you'll get 3 fingers pointing back at you...

5spd GT said:
Also...here is where your whole ARGUMENT about me not including gears goes down the drain...

If you have followed up on the posts...you will see it started about by "argueing" what a 320rwhp vert could do at the strip...and Willy's stated that it couldn't get mid12's...and probably not even high 12's...NOW REMEMBER THE 320RWHP CAR HAS GEARS ALREADY....SO THEN I BRING UP THAT A 300RWHP CAR CAN GET LOW 11'S...(WHILE REMEMBERING THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS GEARS)...SO WHY CAN'T A 150LB MORE VERT GET MID 12'S WITH MORE POWER WHILE A EQUAL CAR WITHOUT THE VERT WITH LESS POWER CAN GET HIGH 11'S...read that carefully...I dont' even know if that made sense...but if you read and followed up with the post...you will find out where we got off on the 300rwhp subject...

BOTH CARS WERE UNDERSTOOD TO HAVE THE GEARS...WILLY'S GOT IT...WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH ON?

Listen...first off a vert is at least 200lbs-250lbs heavier...not 150lbs which BTW I have no idea where you got that from...ALSO 320RWHP with 3.55 gear in a car that weighs 3500lbs with the driver will not go mid 12's even with traction...low 13's to high 12's WITH TRACTION...(this also will depend on whether the car is an AOD or a 5-speed)...There is a difference between having 320RWHP and running 3.55 gears at 3500lbs with the driver than having 300RWHP with 4.10+ gear at 3200 race weight with the driver...NOT TO MENTION whether the car is an AOD or a 5-speed...The reason why a car with more power such as the vert can't go faster than a car such as an LX (hardtop) is due to the chasis...Have you ever drove in a vert? TRUST ME...I have both a GT vert and a hartop LX...BIG DIFFERENCE...

Highbredcloud said:
Listen...first off a vert is at least 200lbs-250lbs heavier...not 150lbs which BTW I have no idea where you got that from...ALSO 320RWHP with 3.55 gear in a car that weighs 3500lbs with the driver will not go mid 12's even with traction...low 13's to high 12's WITH TRACTION...(this also will depend on whether the car is an AOD or a 5-speed)...There is a difference between having 320RWHP and running 3.55 gears at 3500lbs with the driver than having 300RWHP with 4.10+ gear at 3200 race weight with the driver...NOT TO MENTION whether the car is an AOD or a 5-speed...The reason why a car with more power such as the vert can't go faster than a car such as an LX (hardtop) is due to the chasis...Have you ever drove in a vert? TRUST ME...I have both a GT vert and a hartop LX...BIG DIFFERENCE...

First of all I have a friend with an auto vert and it weighs 150lbs almost exactly(3580 with an auto and make that a 5spd and you have roughly 30 lbs off) than my LX (3400) does...so yes I've rode in it and yes I know where I got my weight numbers from...

If you read the first post...it is a 5spd...the original poster clarifys it later...read some posts...

"atleast 200-250lbs heavier"...its just automatic huh???? :rlaugh:

You lost your argument based on you not reading the entire thread...no matter how boring it is...gears were already understood...Willy's got it why can't you...

READ POST #86 AGAIN

YOU KEEP GOING ON AS WELL AS I DO EVEN THOUGH WE REPEAT OURSELVES :rolleyes:

Nearly all motors were slider motors until 85 or so. There is not any practical difference when you start modifying. Slider cams and lifters are cheaper.

You can convert a roller to a slider, if needed and vice versa.

My $50 Mustang has a 68 slider motor, 94 F150 truck heads, an old C4, and does manage low 13s, all on a 7.5 axle.

Even I don't know why.