Ever wish you still had the stock exhaust still on?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I appreciate the sound of a nice Mustang, but man, i must be getting old.

More and more i'm wishing i kept my stock GT cat-back.

Even though my car isn't that loud with only a Flowmaster cat-back on it, there are some days i'll be driving around and wish it still had the stock exhaust. It's not the drone that gets to me...it's the overall loudness.

• Sponsors (?)

i love the sound of my mustang, but some days i agree, i just want to make a quick drive to the grocery store and not make a huge deal out of it.

i would also like to drive 80mph on the expressway without the drone, i have to do 75 to avoid the drone

I have a pretty mild sounding exhaust (mac prochamber with magnaflow mufflers) so it's not too bad.

My current setup is dumped which makes it louder, though I will be putting the tips back on shortly which makes quite a lot of difference. Car surprises people with it being so quiet and I have even heard people making jokes about it at local car meets :rlaugh:

I've run my 2.3 with an open 3" downpipe and had an officer pull right up next to me at a light. He definately looked my direction, but didn't do anything. He probably figured it was a huge POS and the exhaust recently feel off. Literally, it was an open 3" exhaust, only muffled by the T3 turbo. :D If he didn't like it, I could always cork it up by putting the cutout plate back on... I should really spend the money to make it an electric cutout.
I only wish it was stock when a cop pulls up next to me. :eek:

I agree with the flowmaster comments. If it is too loud, get rid of the blow-masters.

Nope, wouldnt want a stock catback on my car at all.

Mine isnt loud enough for me. My setup is UPR O/R X and Mac Flowpaths coming over the axle dumping almost straight down... major resonation under the rear end and I still cant get enough.

Any time I get a chance I roll my windows down and cruise in the "drone zone", blipping the throttle here and there to put a smile on my face.

I reinstall my stock catted h-pipe and I actually like the way it sounds better. The Magnaflow catback sounds just right with the the stock h. I only leave the BBK x-pipe on because it makes a lot of extra power at the track but it's a little loud for my taste.
Here in the great white north, some beer companies sometimes sell their beer in soft sided coolers, as bonus. Somehow, I ended up with several of these coolers. so when I pulled out my seats to install a driveshaft loop, I cut the coolers up and added them as sound deadener under the carpet. Worked like a charm. With the windows closed the exhaust noise is way lower in the car. And the coolers weigh almost nothing, unlike dynamat.