EVP voltage to low

eagle87

Apr 30, 2003
New York
If I gas it it goes to .67 I probe the computer wires (sig rtn and ground) and drive and watch it. The evp will start to act normal 10% is .50v,20%1.10v 40% is 1.80volts and so on. I've tried 3 different evp's no luck it does the same thing. I've check'd the evr it's working any help????? THANKS.

• Sponsors (?)

CODE: 31 (KOEO) - EVP circuit below minimum voltage. Vref (5 volt reference voltage supplied by the computer) missing or broken wire or bad connection in circuit. Use a DVM to check for 5 volts on the orange/white wire. If it is missing, look for +5 volts at the orange/white wire on the TPS or MAP sensor located on the firewall near the center of the car. Use the black/white wire for the ground for the DVM. With the sensor removed from the EGR and still connected, press the plunger and watch the voltage change on the brown/lt green wire.

Pull the passenger side kick panel and measure the voltage at the computer. You will need to remove the plastic cover over the wires and probe them from the backside. A safety pin may prove very useful for this task. Use pin 27, EVR input (brown/lt green wire) and pin 46, signal ground (black/white wire) to measure the voltage. The orange/white wire is Vref and should always be 5 volts -/+ .25 volt. Be sure to measure Vref at the EGR sensor to rule out any broken wires or bad connections.

I probe for voltage and it's their. 5v so I plug in the extra evp turn the engine on and move the plunger manually and I get nothing. If you gas it and you have vaccum how can it go from say 1.10v to .67 every time. I check'd it from the EVR to the computer to the evp. and I don't find anything wrong untill it's driven. I'm missing something.