Exhaust cutouts on 2011 mustang gt

thefuture44

Oct 26, 2011
I was wondering if what you guys thought about putting cutouts on 2011 mustang gt. I already have the borla muffler setup and it is pretty loud. If i was to put the cutouts before the midpipe or after the midpipe (h pipe) would i get a significantly louder sound when the cutouts are open or would it be just as loud as with the normal borla mufflers?

Im debating whether to get the exhaust cut outs or to get a jlt intake with tune. Please give me your opinion on that also

Thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

Don't get cutouts. unless you're an idiot (Sorry). Stick with the JLT CAI/Tuner. It'll be plenty fast with those. The cut outs will make it obnoxiously loud and you will not like it.

I'll bet your neighbors don't like you either :D

Seriously, Cutouts are probably illegal for street use in most states and they sound like crap unless you have a nice set of long tube headers and a healthy engine.

my 2 cents

The Coyote is a lot more healthy stock than a modded 3V... just sayin ;)

The Coyote is a lot more healthy stock than a modded 3V... just sayin ;)

alright n8 you got me with the slang....Haven't heard of anything referred to by the coyote, please fill me in....Oh and for the record, I wouldn't be doing cutout's, my new 5.0 will more than likely be straight piped soon as I find the extra couple hundred dollars lying around, which unfortunately would be until after the holidays

alright n8 you got me with the slang....Haven't heard of anything referred to by the coyote, please fill me in....Oh and for the record, I wouldn't be doing cutout's, my new 5.0 will more than likely be straight piped soon as I find the extra couple hundred dollars lying around, which unfortunately would be until after the holidays

Coyote is the code name Ford used when designing the new 32 valve, 5.0L V-8. Your car has a Coyote engine :nice:

"Coyote is the code name Ford used when designing the new 32 valve, 5.0L V-8. Your car has a Coyote engine "

oh tell me that isn't what you were talking about Lava:eek: You did know that, yes, yes you did. :rolleyes:

ummm, I will tell you OK but it maybe a fib. I was assuming they were referring to the new 5.0, but i figured I would ensure my assumptions were correct. Trust me I'm learning alot of this so called "slang" that I never new mustangs were nick-named before joining this forum, reason being I don't bleed blue as of alot of the guys in here. I like all different types of car, and when it was time to buy a new car the ones that stuck out was the new 5.0, srt8 challenger, EVO, and a STI. I could almost honestly say, if they actual stocked EVOs on the lots around here I may not be driving the new 5.0 since we already have one mustang, but going back to the 5.0 badge, and the color lava red w/ matching inserts I was sold, especially after the test drive. Only difference is after owning one I don't feel the same about my choices, should of went with the grabber blue, cause this paint is a pain to keep clean, oh yeah and this notchy clutch kinda wish I would of opt'd for a auto now.

That's actually pretty common around here. The Evo's a good car.

dang must be nice, I searched within a 250 mile radius to where I live and couldn't find one. The only reason I drove 400 miles for the mustang is it pulled up on autotrader under my 250 search and said it was only like 274 miles away. Turned out after I was already set to buy the car, and actually haggled a little bit to make the car seem like a even better price (msrp 38,500 got it for 34,500 and paid like 37,xxx OTD). Plus it was the way I would of built the car from the factory if I ordered itself, with the exception of the gt appearance package 5 not that I'm complaining I think it add's a good touch.