Fox Exhaust EGR Tube placement?

gearhead77

Mar 13, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Replaced main seal on 89 Vert GT, so I decided to purchase a bunch of new stuff including a BBK catted X-pipe and cat-back system (stock headers). For the X pipe, the EGR tube and the tube on the new X pipe aren't remotely close to each other.

1) Does the EGR tube ( from the engine) run to the inside of the transmission crossmember or run outside? Right now I have it inside the crossmember and there's a big height difference from the engine tube to the exhaust tube inlet. I don't remember how it was from when I took it apart awhile ago. Car is largely original and unmodified except for the new exhaust. BBK does supply a length of hose to make the connection, but it's not even close at the moment and I'm trying to avoid more cutting if it's a self-inflected installation issue.
IMG_0016.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Sponsors (?)

Runs here under the crossmember.

This tube is the air injection tube for the stock cats to feed them fresh air. Has nothing to do with the EGR system it's separate

1694102134291.png

Reactions: 1 user
You don't really need it with aftermarket modern cats either provided your car is running in excellent condition. Check with the manufacturer, but with my Bassani X-pipe, i emailed them and was told the air pump wasn't needed. SO i took all that stuff off.

If you actually need to pass a sniffer test and have cats, but all means leave it attached.