Exhaust question on my 90 MarkVII

Rob90LSC

Mar 26, 2020
Chicago
Hi, my question is since my car is 30 years and and does not get emissions checked any more, I was going to do a full bbk header back exhaust. With the Mark VII we can't really do long tubes so it shorties but,I wanted to do the BBC catless Hpipe. Is there any thing I have to do with o2 sensors or check engine lights with the obd1 system when I lose the cats?

• Sponsors (?)

If you get inspected yes, if not no.
It really don't use any horse power but not needed if you get rid of the cats, or replace them with newer style cats.
Seriously, if the car is stock your not going to gain much by getting rid of the cats, good headers and a cat back will do, I would look at a rear gear change too. Now that will pep it up more than changing out the exhaust. JMO

That’s what I figured..doing the exhaust first..then gonna do a 3.73 gear and torque converter and the transgo shift kit..that will put some pep in her 3,800lbs step. Next year will be mas air conversion and a MS2 so I can get to some h/c and intake work and be able to tune it..stock speed density is just the betamax of tuning..

Reactions: 1 user