• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Exhaust System Recommendation Wanted

  • Thread starter Thread starter DawgStang
  • Start date Start date Feb 6, 2010
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

DawgStang

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
19
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Feb 6, 2010
#1
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #1
I live in an apartment complex, and as such would like a high-performance exhaust system that isn't too obnoxious, yet sounds good. Must have long tubes w/ shorty catted X pipe.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
 
N

ninjastang125

New Member
Nov 1, 2008
591
2
0
maryland
Feb 6, 2010
#2
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #2
Exhaust is really up to you. What you like others may not. I like the sound of my pypes catback and others dont. I am going to say anything but SLP's
 
0

04GTBLKVERT

New Member
May 18, 2009
173
0
0
Vegas
Feb 6, 2010
#3
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #3
Well I am about to buy hooker Lts and o/r x for 680 but and o/r x is going to be loud. Check out steeda cat back has a nice sound.
 

Crzyhrse

Active Member
Dec 23, 2004
0
2
38
Seattle, WA
Feb 6, 2010
#4
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #4
That's about a million different combinations between the 3 pipes. Myself, I'm kinda stuck with getting Bassani Mid-Lengths because I have a Bassani catted midpipe. I've got Magnapacks for a catback. Don't let an apartment complex keep you from getting what you want. Screw 'em. I live in an apartment complex and I fire up my Mach at 2:15am to go to work. It's LOUD . Hey, when I try to go to bed at 7:00pm I've got kids screaming outside, rap music blaring, skateboarders doing tricks right below my window. I never complain. I get payback at 2am.
 

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
560
0
27
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Feb 6, 2010
#5
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #5
Go to Youtube and watch a bunch of videos with different cat-backs. Cat-back is sound preference, and you really need to hear these combos before you buy. Pretty much all cat-backs are going to make about the same power anyways.
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Feb 6, 2010
#6
  • Feb 6, 2010
  • #6
Ok then go with whatever LTs you want (I have mac and love them) get a VRS catted X and go with magnaflows normal mufflers not that maganapcks. This would be a very high flowing system that is not that loud but will sound very good.
 

DawgStang

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
19
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Feb 7, 2010
#7
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #7
Crzyhrse said:
That's about a million different combinations between the 3 pipes. Myself, I'm kinda stuck with getting Bassani Mid-Lengths because I have a Bassani catted midpipe. I've got Magnapacks for a catback. Don't let an apartment complex keep you from getting what you want. Screw 'em. I live in an apartment complex and I fire up my Mach at 2:15am to go to work. It's LOUD . Hey, when I try to go to bed at 7:00pm I've got kids screaming outside, rap music blaring, skateboarders doing tricks right below my window. I never complain. I get payback at 2am.
Click to expand...

Valuable input C-Horse! That's exactly what I was looking for... Luckily I don't have too many screaming kids around. Do your 'Packs give you the drone?
 

DawgStang

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
19
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Feb 7, 2010
#8
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #8
scupking said:
Ok then go with whatever LTs you want (I have mac and love them) get a VRS catted X and go with magnaflows normal mufflers not that maganapcks. This would be a very high flowing system that is not that loud but will sound very good.
Click to expand...

Scup, do you get the drone?
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Feb 7, 2010
#9
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #9
I have no drone at all after going with the VRS-X pipe. I did have drone with the stock H and MRT catted H.
 

Crzyhrse

Active Member
Dec 23, 2004
0
2
38
Seattle, WA
Feb 7, 2010
#10
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #10
Every aftermarket exhaust system will have the 2000RPM sweet spot. I get it with my system, but it's almost non-existant compared to the drone of Flowmaster's. I had the American Thunder catback on my '93 GT and the drone was rediculous. It rattled everything in my interior. With my 'Packs and Bassani I don't get that at all. It still sounds great without the interior noise. The sound is kept pretty much outside the car.
 

crazystang25

Member
Jan 25, 2009
492
0
16
Feb 7, 2010
#11
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #11
ya def jus check out youtube, thats what i did.
 

WLD_WST

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
620
0
17
Philly
Feb 7, 2010
#12
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #12
I love my Magnaflow cat back
 

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
2,387
144
114
NC State University
Feb 7, 2010
#13
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #13
I don't know how much different it will sound on a 2 valve GT, but I LOVE the sound of the Cobras with a catted X and the Borla catback (don't know exactly which one).

Here we go. YouTube - 2000 Mustang GT, Borla S-Type catback Once again, I don't know squat about which Borla system sounds how, but that sounds pretty damn good to me.

Edit: Here's another one, a little louder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8_SzJ91oTw
 
M

Midnight2V

Member
Jan 30, 2009
224
0
16
Oklahoma
Feb 7, 2010
#14
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #14
I am surprised no one has mentioned spin-tech. If you haven't heard them, definitely give them a listen. They are truly awesome.
 
P

peepeeskillz

New Member
Mar 23, 2009
171
0
0
texas
Feb 7, 2010
#15
  • Feb 7, 2010
  • #15
yea IMHO espcially on cobras borla stingers are #1.
 

Sonic04GT

Member
Nov 1, 2009
844
2
19
West Palm Beach, FL
Feb 8, 2010
#16
  • Feb 8, 2010
  • #16
scupking said:
Ok then go with whatever LTs you want (I have mac and love them) get a VRS catted X and go with magnaflows normal mufflers not that maganapcks. This would be a very high flowing system that is not that loud but will sound very good.
Click to expand...

Sounds like a good combo to me. I like my O/R X with regular Maganflow catback.

It's only obnoxious at wide open throttle. Swapping the O/R X for an O/R H though when I do LTs.

YouTube - 2004 Mustang GT Magnaflow Exhaust
 

crazystang25

Member
Jan 25, 2009
492
0
16
Feb 8, 2010
#17
  • Feb 8, 2010
  • #17
YouTube - 2000 mustang exhaust clip

believe this one that has the same setup as me
 

westgastang5.0Coyote

15 Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
192
3
18
Temple,Ga
Feb 8, 2010
#18
  • Feb 8, 2010
  • #18
In my opinion you can't go wrong with bassani, magnapacks, or the stingers if you can afford them.
 

fastgtfairlane

New Member
Apr 7, 2006
266
0
0
Feb 9, 2010
#19
  • Feb 9, 2010
  • #19
longtubes, dr gas o/r X and Spintech mufflers is the best combo out there period. if you want louder go with the prostreets. quieter would be the sportsman mufflers. prostreets would be like 2chamber flows and sportsmans would be like 3 chamber flows.
 

1fun281

Member
Mar 16, 2009
438
8
19
Atlanta Georgia
Feb 9, 2010
#20
  • Feb 9, 2010
  • #20
Am i the only one who likes flowmasters?
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Need MIL Eliminators?
  • crazyone64
  • May 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
249
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 21, 2026
GOvert
G
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
90
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
223
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
S
Engine 2003 Mach 1 Automatic Upgrades assistance
  • SJK1417M1AT
  • Sep 25, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
365
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 21, 2025
01SVTvertt
0
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
443
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?