Exhaust Touching The Gas Tank Ok?

CDJ

Aug 16, 2015
Summerville Sc
I was underneath car today and noticed that the exhaust was up against the fuel tank. I've owned this car for only a few months. i noticed earlier when changing the fuel pump but didn't anything of it. Is this a problem? Also the fuel tank vent hose is not connected to anything. It is just venting to open air above the fuel tank. Is this a problem?

Thank you for help in advance.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I know that heat, fuel, and air will make things go BOOM! But it has the plastic tank cover. I just didn't know if the LX exhaust did rest on the tank. It rest on the drive side bend. As for the vent, there is not a line or charcoal canister for the vent to go to. The charcoal canister is not needed is it?

It is part of the smog equpment. Is is NEEDED? No, but you will throw off codes and more important when you park the car in a garage it will reek of gas, and you are venting the raw gas fumes into the air.

My rubbed the corner of tank and i just bent the corner of the tank down more, or loosen bolts and try rolling the muffler and exhaust pipe. Vent hose, if you don't have a strong gas smell in the garage then don't worry about it, if you do then remount the charcoal canister somewhere under the car and reattach the hose. A lot of guys remove the canister when they remove the smog pump.