exploder brakes on versailles rear end?

• Sponsors (?)

The Explorer brakes may have a different axle flange offset from the Versailles. I know the Versailles axles offset was different from the drum brake rears. The axle housing's about the same as the 65-66 Stang rear but the overall width with the axle to axle flanges is 1" wider Just something you'll want to look into before buying.

I'm trying to decide between the cobra conversion or posibbly the exploder set up, the price is nice on the exploder like 349.00 and has internal drum parking brakes and splash sheilds. I look at the kits the fit lg bearing 9" and they fit the versailles as well, the exploder fits lg bearing late model 9" as well but I want to make sure, I already have cobra rotors but I can send them back if the exploder setup fits.

Mustang steve and currie have the correct ones for the versailles, I'm going with the currie set as you can clock the calipers where you want them, I already have rotors (pbc's for 22.00 each what a deal!) I'm getting rebuilt cobra or gt calipers (the same) so its costing me 325.00 plus pads and hoses for the cobra rear setup, I wish they had a provision for dust shields though,

I found parking brake cables made to adapt to the stock setup as well, I just re did my fronts today, my carbon metalic maier racing pads lasted 18 yrs, down the line somewhere I'll do the front 13" cobra conversion to balance it out.