Extremely frustrated!!!!

ok, so i have my 87 gt. i need to change the fpr. but the plaque for the intake wont come off. it bent all my torq wrenches even after using wd-40 and other bolt loosening products. so i decided to take it to a mechanic and he tried and bent his tools too! any pointers? and another quik question, does it matter if i have a bigger throttle body on stock gt? the mechanic broke a vacuum line.

• Sponsors (?)

After letting the fasteners marinate in PB, you might try using an impact driver (where you hammer on the end and it differentiates the longitudinal force to unscrew the fasteners). Adapting the torx bits to fit in the driver might take some ingenuity though (I can think of several ways but it depends what tools you have available and what kind of torx sockets you have).

As an alternative, carefully smacking the ratchet or breaker with a hammer would provide the same type of shock and might break them free. They're relatively wienie fasteners so I worry about them breaking. Mine creaked like a vintage hinge the first time I pulled them. Neverseize upon reinstallation.

Good luck.

ok, so i have my 87 gt. i need to change the fpr. but the plaque for the intake wont come off. it bent all my torq wrenches even after using wd-40 and other bolt loosening products. so i decided to take it to a mechanic and he tried and bent his tools too! any pointers? and another quik question, does it matter if i have a bigger throttle body on stock gt? the mechanic broke a vacuum line.

This a stock upper intake? If so, they can be bought really cheap, so messing one up shouldnt be bad. If its a 65mm throttle body, it wont hurt, if its bigger than that, your probably loosing some power. Buying some new plastic/rubber at the auto parts store is cheap, simple to fix the vacuum lines.