Extrude Hone, anyone ever have it done?

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
Just out of curiousity, I went to extrudhone website and checked out the prices to get a Mustang upper and lower done. Level 1 for upper and lower is 781 bucks! Level 2 is almost 900! Are people insane? You can probably buy the best intake available for your Mustang and still have enough left for a steak dinner.

I've heard people recommending this service and seen it mentioned in magazines, but I didn't realize just how much it costs. If I ran a business like that, I'd at least keep my prices in competition with brand new, superior parts. Just wow!:jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

I bought an extrude honed lower Cobra intake for $200 once. Their prices have really gone up. I don't think it helps much. A smooth port job is so close you can barely tell the difference. I suppose if you were building a super competitive engine you might spend them money. Definately not worth shelling out the bones for a street car.

Kurt

I bought an extrude honed lower Cobra intake for $200 once. Their prices have really gone up. I don't think it helps much. A smooth port job is so close you can barely tell the difference. I suppose if you were building a super competitive engine you might spend them money. Definately not worth shelling out the bones for a street car.

Kurt

That's what I was thinking. They got themselves a really expensive play-dough machine and we have to pay for it! :nonono: lol