Factory MAF theory

You'd still need some way to clear the KAM after making changes. That is one of the things that is such a PITA with the TwEECer. You make a change then have to disconnect the battery and clear the KAM in order to see if the changes are getting you closer to where you need to be.
There is a short cut for clearing the KAM using a tweecer.
By loading a .bin/.ccf file for a different Stategy, the KAM is cleared out.

How and why this works is beyond my current level of understanding.

With my X3Z eec, I was using a DDX4.bin (IIRC) to clear my KAM before loading a new tune.
I just left this .bin file loaded on one of the switch locations.
There are several other guys who have been doing this, and I haven't heard any negative consequences.

Maybe Joe could enlighten us as to why this might work, or what some consequences may be?

fun thread,
jason

• Sponsors (?)

There is a short cut for clearing the KAM using a tweecer.
By loading a .bin/.ccf file for a different Stategy, the KAM is cleared out.

How and why this works is beyond my current level of understanding.

With my X3Z eec, I was using a DDX4.bin (IIRC) to clear my KAM before loading a new tune.
I just left this .bin file loaded on one of the switch locations.
There are several other guys who have been doing this, and I haven't heard any negative consequences.

Maybe Joe could enlighten us as to why this might work, or what some consequences may be?

fun thread,
jason

I may have to give that a shot. So far, I've not used more than two of the vailable 4 slots anyhow. It starts getting confusing as to what modifcation you made to which tune. Using only two simplifies things so having slot 4 filled with "junk" to clear the KAM sounds like a good idea.