Factory to Dealer Incentives and Holdback!

cyanmauve

Apr 2, 2005
Howdy,

I will be purchasing a 2006 GT in the next few days, and have been reading a little on how to get the best price.

Seems to me that the most important thing to know is if any FACTORY TO DEALER INCENTIVES are being offered, that is, money given to dealers from the factory to push selling the cars. Does anyone know if any currently exist for the 06 GT?

Also, I have read that a less published number is the FACTORY HOLDBACK, which is a percentage of the purchase price of the car to the dealer from the factory. Does anybody know what this percentage is currently?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I appreciate the response. Right now, I am talking to a dealer who is offering 1000 below MSRP. Add that to the 500 I get for being a student, and I don't think I'm getting ripped off considering the popularity of the car.

However, is it worth trying to figure out a way to work the factory holdback into the equation? TIA.

Mossberg said:
There are no incentives from Ford to the Dealers on the Stangs. They are still selling like hotcakes in most places.

Believe it or not, there are dealers who still have left over 2005 Mustangs sitting on their lots. Last I knew there was $2,000 of dealer cash on those leftover 05s.

As you said there are not any incentives (other than the student thing) on 06 Mustangs. However, there are so may V6 Stangs in dealer inventory I'd expect that Ford will have to put incentives on V6s them to clear them out.

don mergi said:
There a couple of thosands dollars saving on a A-plan and about $1,500
on a X-plan.

A-Plan is for ford family members

X-Plan is for friends and neighbors
I just purchased my new tripple black 06 GT conv. 5spd. on A plan. I saved about $4000. But I ran into some obsticals, I had to go to a couple of dealers before I found one that would sell me a lot car on A-Plan, They have to sell you an order but not a lot car. so shop around not all dealers are created equally. I hope this helps.

Dustin

I appreciate the advice. I think I'm going to end up buying from a dealership I bought from before and take the 1500 off. I figure I might be able to find the car cheaper somewhere else, but I have absoulte confidence in the dealership when it comes to customer service and taking care of any problem that might pop up in the future.

In this case, I think I'm willing to give up a few dollars for a little piece of mind.

cyanmauve said:
I appreciate the response. Right now, I am talking to a dealer who is offering 1000 below MSRP. Add that to the 500 I get for being a student, and I don't think I'm getting ripped off considering the popularity of the car.

However, is it worth trying to figure out a way to work the factory holdback into the equation? TIA.

You may check, that is if you are in college, ford sometimes offers xplan pricing to certain colleges. I know UC Davis was one of those, my wife was getting letters about the incentives in the mail. But of course I work at a dealer and get d plan which is better than x plan. I actually got close to $4000 off msrp on a loaded 06 gt premium coupe. xplan is probably $100 or more than dplan.