failed inspection

biggiggy

Dec 8, 2006
failed inspection cuz i got a off road bbk xpipe and now idk if i should put catzz back on or get that mil eliminator think what do u guys think whats better for the performance wise and cash wise.... and also i got a 2001 gt and idk if i have 1 o 2 o2 sensors in the rear or the front...

• Sponsors (?)

im from ny and i got my check engine light on but i also heard if u dont have cats u loose back pressure idk if true but w.e so idk if i should just get the mil eliminators or just get performance catzz

(like reading a grade 3's journal entry).

You should have 2 front O2's and 2 rear O2's. If you look under the car, you should be able to see them.

Did you fail the visual or sniffer test? How badly did you fail? details, etc. etc. mods, etc. etc. etc.

well they stuck a computer reader into my car but i got i had my check engine light cleared 2 days before so i thought i could pass but the but the computer said i still had it and they printed out a think saying i failed.

the modz are i got hyptertech tune, bbk cold air, ford racing headers, bbk xpipe, slp loud mouth and thats it for now.

catzz?

with that exhaust setup your car is spewing HC's like it's going out of style and i'm guessing it's fairly loud so any smog guy will know it's not stock, smell your car and fail you before you before you even get out of your car.

put your stock H-pipe back on if you still have it and get it re-tested

Please use full words and at least decent sentence structure. That damn internet lingo not only makes you sound like a 14-year old girl, but it's damn annoying to read!?!

And yes...weld a set of high flow catalectic converters on there and call it a day! :nice:

You just need to get a set of MIL Illiminators and take your battery cable off for a little while to reset the light. You had your light reset but the rear O2's will still read bad on the test thats why you failed. The MIL plugs will tell the computer all is good and you will pass. Another thing i noticed is if you let the car warm up and take it easy for a few minutes the CEL is less likely to trigger for the rear O2's.

I have a brand new set of Steeda MILS i need to get rid of since i passed NJ inspection without them so if you are interested make me an off in a PM.

You would probably still fail in NY even with MIL eliminators. Part of the inspection is also visual (they always put my car up on a lift) and when they see there are no cats they are supposed to fail you. This part however is totally up to the person doing the inspection so if they dont care they can pass you if you get rid of the cel and code. But if its only worth a couple of hp why not be friendly to the environment (and those driving behind you) and get some cats.

well they stuck a computer reader into my car but i got i had my check engine light cleared 2 days before so i thought i could pass but the but the computer said i still had it and they printed out a think saying i failed.

the modz are i got hyptertech tune, bbk cold air, ford racing headers, bbk xpipe, slp loud mouth and thats it for now.

The PCM logs a p1000 after you clear the codes and the P1000 will remain in the system untill all obd2 drive cycle tests are done. This is done to prevent people from doing what you tried to do and fool the emissions testing. It's also used to let techs know that not all obd2 cycles have be completed..

get a tuner or mil elims for the REAR sensors. For now you can throw the stock pipe on and drive around for a few days to clear the P1000

Please use full words and at least decent sentence structure. That damn internet lingo not only makes you sound like a 14-year old girl, but it's damn annoying to read!?!

[14yearoldgirlmode] OMG NBD [/14yearoldgirlmode]

You not only fail at emissions, you fail at English.

1) put the stock midpipe back on.
2) reset ECU and drive for a few hours
3) pass test.

you likely failed your OBDII readiness test due to the previously cleared CEL, and/or visual inspection as well. here in cali, first thing they do is look under your car, then under the hood.