Fairmont Progress?

falconater

Jan 3, 2017
Well I think i'm getting closer to getting my futura on the road. Dropped the windsor in today, all that's left is figuring out the belts and brackets. I had a hell of a time with the mounts I ordered, SKP brand for a convertible (rockauto). By the time I got them to line up they were all twisted out of shape, I ended up using the old ones for now. My bbk shorties should be here by tuesday. I still don't know my long term plan....time will tell.

Attachments

• 20170107_144522.jpg
    20170107_144522.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ya, I peaked at it..neat stuff. If I ever decide to cash in my week of vacation i'd read it all. Funds are my downfall at the moment, I wanted to do some rallycross type stuff with my falcon but i'm debating on "investing" in this...more stable platform anyway.

That engine looks good in that ahhh engine bay, you could'a pretty'd up that bay a little or not pretty'd up the engine so much, I know your gonna make that look right, and I'm not criticizing, not intended to be anyway, I gots an ugly engine in a ugly car, still a ton of fun to drive, carry on there dude.
More pics

Ya, I peaked at it..neat stuff. If I ever decide to cash in my week of vacation i'd read it all. Funds are my downfall at the moment, I wanted to do some rallycross type stuff with my falcon but i'm debating on "investing" in this...more stable platform anyway.

I would most certainly invest in the Falcon over the Fairmont, but that is just me. You do what makes you happy, sir, and be sure to take pics as you go. None of us are big readers, except the old grumpy guy building the other Fairmont on this site.

Well the engine was cleaned up for my 79 stepside (I was going for the hi po 390 look) I ended up selling that before it seen the road. It's about 50 degrees too cold to paint right now. Yes, there will probably be pics of stuff...nothing exciting though.

Last edited:
Well i've been driving it here and there around town. I'm using the t5 that came with the car (2.3 wc)...and it has to go. It's so damn low geared, the car sounds like an old grain truck. Hopefully I can find a reasonable tko or toploader soon.