Fan Clutch for 289 A code with A/C

Hi,

Looking for some advice - tried ordering a fan clutch thru NAPA for my 289 A code...Thermal clutch and the shaft is too long.

I do have factory A/C should I be using Non-thermal? And/or does it matter? I do not have an extension on my currect set up! Either or...as long as you do not run hot?

Should I order thru Dallas or CJ Mustang? - they only seem to carry Non-thermal...

Appreciate any advise...recommendations!

• Sponsors (?)

Man I just went to Autozone and got both the fan and the clutch for my 65 and it fit up perfectly. I dont remember the PN but they had very few choices. I checked and Advance auto parts had the same part numbers for the clutch.

Great thks, I will ck with autozone...for a fan clutch!

Anyone know about Non-thermal Vs. Thermal - using with an A/C 289?

Thks,

Rick

Hi,

Looking for some advice - tried ordering a fan clutch thru NAPA for my 289 A code...Thermal clutch and the shaft is too long.

I do have factory A/C should I be using Non-thermal? And/or does it matter? I do not have an extension on my currect set up! Either or...as long as you do not run hot?

Should I order thru Dallas or CJ Mustang? - they only seem to carry Non-thermal...

Appreciate any advise...recommendations![/quote]

Hi,

Appreciate any advise...recommendations!